Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GTHL_AAA_HOCKEY

Marek Svatos?

lead the aves in the preseason. then got hurt and was out all year. i'm pretty suprised how much ice time granato is giving him. that's a lot of confidence in a rookie; its paying off too.

he had shoulder problems for a while, and had surgery on them. He's a real good young player, he reminds me of Hejduk. He also got drafted late. Colorado must have some pretty good scouts to find these guys that late.

Colorado and Detroit have the best scouts in the leagues and know how to develop players year after year.

Col: Heduk, Tanguay, Svatos

Det: Datsyuk, Zederberg ect.

Like mentioned he was hurt all year basically. He has some pretty sick hands and he's gonna be real good. Speaking of superstars drafted in some later rounds in the draft, Martin St. Louis was undrafted.

Guest 2048

5'7 guy with shoulder problems and you're surprised he went so late because he scored 77 points in the WHL?

People wondered why the Avs traded Radim Vrbata and Nederost. The Avs must have known early on Svatos was the real deal. I saw him in preseason, we had sweet seats on the glass, and my buddy and I couldn't believe this #40 guy that was making the Panthers d-men look silly. Great lateral movement and quick hands.

The Avs will need young guys like this, Forsberg is probably gone after this season and Sakic isn't getting any younger.

Yeah, I still am not so happy about loosing Vrbata, I mean bates battaglia? Well at least with bates we got Kono, but still. I didn't like this years trades so much, we will be hurting for Keith Ballard some day, hopefully not too soon.

I like Vrbata's hands and speed but he was very shy with the physical play. He would disappear in the playoff because of this.

Was he worth more than Bates? Ummm ... yea.

Yeah, 77 Pts. is not great in Dub, but based on his PPG Avg. if he plays the whole season hes near the top of the scoring leaders. Also, I've heard from some that they believe he's one of the best players to play for the ICE.

Bates was a complete bust for the Avs. Carolina got the better end of that deal. Luckily Lacroix suckered the Caps to take him for Konowalchuk, who has been great for the Avs. The Avalanche have never had as good of a third line as they do right now with Barnaby, Gratton and Konowalchuk. They are going to need all four lines to produce again to get by the Sharks in round two.

Didn't even think about that! But you are correct. Hinote is such an energy guy, and Niko is great at faceoffs. If only Selanne could find his game...

Hard to find your game getting 5 minutes of ice a night and playing with guys who aren't the most gifted offensively.

that's a pretty crazy statement considering how little this guy has played. i think he'll be good, but more like a cheaper milan than anything.