Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SR27

best teammate/opponent ?

Maybe it´s a dumb question and maybe it has been asked before but I was curious about who was/were the best or most famous player(s) you guys have either played with or against.

To me the best player I ever faced was Sergei Samsonov. He was 13 or 14 back then and we were all one or two years older than him. He scored 36 goals alone and in the end we were losing the game 50:1. Biggest blast ever.....he also had two two russian teammates with him who were pretty good as well but I don´t remember their names.

I've played with/ against a few guys in the OHL and a few drafted to the show. A number of my friends played in the Air Canada Cup against Crosby and they played against Nash as well. There's a few D1 guys I played with and against as well.

I've had the pleasure of playing with/against/around Dave Fromm, former Team USA Inline head coach. Great guy and a wealth of knowledge, alot of fun to play around.

I've played on these guys team: Cody Hodgson, Steve Stamkos, Mike Del Zotto. They are all expected to be top 10 picks in the 2006 OHL draft. I played against John Tavares for 4 years or so, probably the best player in the world for 1990's, IMO. I've played against countless guys who will get drafted into the WHL this year, but that would be a long list.

Shawn Belle was on the ice with me today, he is unreal. His skating is insane, best I have ever seen live.

Ive played against a few high quality players, Lee Schaefer for one, played SJHL, WHL and CIS. And even tried out for the St.Loius blues. Ive played with and against Riley Hozapfel, curent WHL player, and leading goal scorer for 16 year olds. Played againts Matt Hubauer to, amazing player as well. Theres a few more to, that I know im forgeting.

EDIT- Also skated around with Barret Jackman and Derick Moriss. Dont ask me how i forgot them, haha :P

Shawn is amazing. I've followed him the past few years because I'm usually up in Tri a few times a year, and the only person I've seen in the Dub who can control a game like him is Coburn.

Best player I've ever played with is Michael Senseman. Played with him on a tournament team when I was a peewee. He got listed with a few Dub teams, played in a couple games for Spokane, and is now doing very well in KIJHL. Best player I've ever played against seriously would be Jason Reese, plays for the Vancouver Giants now. Best player in drop in or other wise would be Chris Wherity. He coached at the rink growing up and is without a doubt the best skater I've ever seen. He played in a bunch of different leagues in NA, USHL for sure, and then he played pro over in Sweden. He also was one of the top coaches for Planet Hockey for a long time. The only thing that kept him from going big in NA was his size, he was only about 5'6" 150.

I've played with and against a ton of OHL and Tier II (opjhl) guys. I've played against or in a few cases with most 1st rounders in the OHL from 2004. I've been curious to look through a list of OHL rosters and see who I've played against. Ok hear I go...John Hughes, Shawn Matthias, Matt Beleskey (I'm almost sure we gave it a go a couple years ago in a tourny), John de Gray, Josh Kidd, Matthew Lyall, Kyle Paige, Michael Caruso (I'm sure i've played against him, but I don't remember him exactly), Ben Shutron, Myles Applebaum, Harrison Reed, Steve Ferry, Gianluca Caputi, Stefan Legein, Frankie Santini, Jesse Biduke, Matt Piva, James DeLory, Devereaux Heshmatpour, Thomas Kiriakou, Matt Lahey, Jamie McGinn, Igor Gongalsky, Matthew Kang, Payton Liske, Theo Peckham, John Armstrong, Cory Tanaka, Matt Corrente, Brandon Mashinter, Ryan McInerney, Ryan McDonough, Justin DiBenedetto, Matt Halischuk. I've played against all of these guys in regular season or tournament games. I could triple the list with guys that were drafted or tier II guys. Long list I guess :blink:

Maybe it´s a dumb question and maybe it has been asked before but I was curious about who was/were the best or most famous player(s) you guys have either played with or against.

To me the best player I ever faced was Sergei Samsonov. He was 13 or 14 back then and we were all one or two years older than him. He scored 36 goals alone and in the end we were losing the game 50:1. Biggest blast ever.....he also had two two russian teammates with him who were pretty good as well but I don´t remember their names.

Does it was in a tournament or what or your team was very bad and where it was.

Man, 36 goals in a game is really something.

Shawn is amazing. I've followed him the past few years because I'm usually up in Tri a few times a year, and the only person I've seen in the Dub who can control a game like him is Coburn.

I know, he blew by people like it was his job. He has an effortless stride which makes it look funny because you are going all out trying to catch him and he is just strolling along. Josh Gorges is another person who reminds me of him, only smaller and doesn't weigh 225.

Played with and against Jason Reese (WHL Vancouver Giants). Played against CJ Jackson (Former WHL, Portland Winterhawks)...ended up fighting him, got smoked in that one. Played against Paul Gaustad (WHL Portland Winterhawks, AHL Rochester Amerks).

Needless to say I couldn't hold much to Reese and Gaustad... Jackson was such a garbage player by WHL standards, didn't fare to well when he went back to Jr.B either.

Jesse Biduke,

Im good friends with his brother Cody. Hell of a player, but skates like a goof lol.

Yep that's him, LOL. The first time I played against him I kinda laughed at how funny of a skater he looked. Anyways, great player. He looked good in the games with Oshawa that I saw. Especially when he got some good ice time.

Needless to say I couldn't hold much to Reese and Gaustad... Jackson was such a garbage player by WHL standards, didn't fare to well when he went back to Jr.B either.

My buddy played against him in the high school league two years ago. Said the exact same thing, that he was nothing more than a failed Winterhawk project.

Well no, it was no tourney. It was in german tier 2 Juniors....not sure what that age was compared to north american junior systems (bantam, midget, pee-wee?...no idea) that team picked up the three russians as "exchange students" for a couple of months and they blew everyone away......

My buddy played against him in the high school league two years ago. Said the exact same thing, that he was nothing more than a failed Winterhawk project.

He was brought on to be a big time enforcer/grinder and he made it pretty clear that he didn't wanna play that role and his hockey carrer suffered because of it. Sadly we had 4th and 5th year players pulling moves on him. It's a tough position for big players to be in.

Well no, it was no tourney. It was in german tier 2 Juniors....not sure what that age was compared to north american junior systems (bantam, midget, pee-wee?...no idea) that team picked up the three russians as "exchange students" for a couple of months and they blew everyone away......

IMO, Samsonov has world class skills, and he's so strong on his skates for his size.

He is easily in the top 20 most skilled players in the world.

Do you remember how tall he was at that time?

Bobby Ryan's up there too.

wow...didnt think someone was gonna bring him up, that kid is one hell of a hockey player ill tell you. ive played with him a few times, before he was in the ohl, as he is real close with one of my best friends, and went out with my cousin...but she dumped him and now is basically kicking herself...but back to the topic, that kid is an amazing player