Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KYHockey3

New Product for skates! would u buy it?

Spray-on insulator for skates that keep your feet dry and warm with out adding weight would u buy it?  

53 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'd make sure it worked by reading other reviews first, and if it did, I'd gladyly pay up to $30 for it.

I kinda like this me too, but sometimes, I play 2-3 times a day and on the third time, even If I have put 424563 fans in front of my skates, it's still wet and when I put them on again, the feeling is awful.

The rinks I play in are never very cold, so the cold factor doesn't bother me. But if I lived some place up north, I'm sure I'd want dry skates.

I kinda like this me too, but sometimes, I play 2-3 times a day and on the third time, even If I have put 424563 fans in front of my skates, it's still wet and when I put them on again, the feeling is awful.

Thats a hell of a lot of fans ;)

I don't care about the wetness factor, its the warmth factor. It'd be nice to have warm feet when its 11pm and I'm out on an outdoor rink.

The rinks I play in are never very cold, so the cold factor doesn't bother me. But if I lived some place up north, I'm sure I'd want dry skates.

I may live just outside the geographical centre of BC but its damn well cold in the winter. Sometimes racher -25C. In the summer, it only ever gets up to +15-20.

I just don't see how my feet can be kept warmer and more dry. The warmer my feet are, the more they sweat. Where will the sweat go? Into the skate? Into my sock?

I just don't see how my feet can be kept warmer and more dry. The warmer my feet are, the more they sweat. Where will the sweat go? Into the skate? Into my sock?

thats a good point there chadd

No, because as weird as it may sound, I like my feet to be wet when I skate.

Me too. Well..I like the liner of my skates a little damp, not soaking wet though.

Our rink is freezing in the winter (visiting parents say we have the coldest rink in the CBHL). Half way thru practice my toes are frozen stiff. I started using these toe warmers at $1.25 a pop.

Worth every penny.

Grabber-pOLDSKU01-100125dt.jpg

i can't stand to have overly dry skates, i don't know if i've been mistreating my skates or not, but the liner (8090's) is starting to get the crusty palm syndrome, getting stiff and a little rough when it's dry. once it moistens up, it's like butter but that's just my experience

Chad u bring up a really good point about the sweat and moisture vs. warmth. I talked with the guys im helping try and put this out and they said its not to keep your feet dry from sweat but from moisture ourside ur skate. Like if u have ever played in an outdoor rink or when its really really cold in the rink you know ur feet get wetter a whole lot faster. It just helps keep the cold and moisture on the outside from getting inside.

Chad u bring up a really good point about the sweat and moisture vs. warmth. I talked with the guys im helping try and put this out and they said its not to keep your feet dry from sweat but from moisture ourside ur skate. Like if u have ever played in an outdoor rink or when its really really cold in the rink you know ur feet get wetter a whole lot faster. It just helps keep the cold and moisture on the outside from getting inside.

Sounds like a very small market if it's mainly to prevent cold feet. A watertight coating will just allow the sweat to pool up in a skate unless you have drainage holes and that would defeat the original purpose.

sounds like a very very small need for this...

I thought people only got cold feet as kids.. my feet havnt been cold in 30 years... :unsure:

as was asked earlier...wheres the moisture go?? it still going to be there..

sounds gimmicky

i might buy it but i hate my skates completely dry. if it was really good and lots of people had used it without recking their skates i might try some. i woulnt pay over 10 bucks for it tho