Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bbruins8

What type of palm to get?

Well I searched and read just about every thread on repalming but haven't really found any info about the different types of palms. I am leaning towards MSH2, as fixitbymail said they had them in stock and they are what comes on the new Eagles. I am getting X80s repalmed. I am wondering what I should get though. I want one that doesn't get crusty after it starts to wear down, and stays soft. Also, the thinner and more durable the better. In other words, what palms are made by the Jesus himself? Gotta make a decision quick, as I'm mailing them tomorrow. Also I have given Nash some thought too.

No experience with them...how do I know if they are MSH2 when I get them back? I called fixitbymail today they said they had it but the guy I was speaking with sounded mexican? I couldn't understand a word he was saying. What does the texture feel like or look like? I guess what I am saying is I want to make sure they don't just slap clarino on there thinking I don't know any better. Also, the gussets are in great shape on these, but is it worth it to have them replaced anyways?

Also, the gussets are in great shape on these, but is it worth it to have them replaced anyways?

Mesh gussets are worth the money

Are they the same standard 10 bucks a pair as listed on fixitbymail website? Also was thinking about going goat skin, as that was what was on there before, but they are 60 bucks?!?!?!

Are they the same standard 10 bucks a pair as listed on fixitbymail website? Also was thinking about going goat skin, as that was what was on there before, but they are 60 bucks?!?!?!

I have MSH2 with goatskin overlay...you won't confuse the two if you were able to see them up close. The MSH2 is paper thin compared to the goatskin.

Here's the response I got from Eagle when I inquired...

The following is a list of the palm materials that we have available,

listed from thinnest to thickest:

MSH2

Digital - Strictly for performance, would not be warranted

Goat

Mustang

Nash

MSH1

BS2100

Cow Hide

It's mostly going to be personal preference. I'm partial to goat skin - I've found them to be very durable and they haven't gotten crusty.

It's mostly going to be personal preference. I'm partial to goat skin - I've found them to be very durable and they haven't gotten crusty.

I have to agree. Goatskin is probably my favorite. It lasts forever, the feel is very good and they never get crusty on me. I just had a pair of zero-shocks done with goat from Fixitbymail and they did a great job.

I have to warn you though, if you are going to go with goat or most other forms of leather, don't use a grip stick. They are so sticky together that you won't be able to move your hand at all on the shaft.

I guess what I am saying is I want to make sure they don't just slap clarino on there thinking I don't know any better. Also, the gussets are in great shape on these, but is it worth it to have them replaced anyways?

Believe me, these guys aren't going to rip you off. They do good work and know thier materials. They're eagle's repair department so it's not like it's some dude with a sewing machine in his basement or something. Whatever you tell them you want, that's what you'll get.

Maybe I'll set up some pics of my gloves since I just got them back from them last week and you can see the job they did.

I'd say the MSH2 is slightly grippy. It is nowhere near as grippy as the FFH palm and I think you should be fine using it with your XXX Lites.

Is the MSH2 grippy? I use XXX lites...so obviously I don't want to run into the too much grip issue...

It was extremely slick for me at first, after a couple of games the palms bedded in nicely and now they are perfect.

Went with MSH2 and air mesh replacement gussets...thanks for all the info gentlemen.

You won't be dissapointed. Great puck feel, good durability, airy with the mesh gussets, and lightweight. Nice combo. Snap some pics when you get them back.

BBRUINS, How much was the total cost? I too have a pair of X80's that need palms And gussets...looking for the same type of deal, and also use a XXXLite.

BBRUINS, How much was the total cost? I too have a pair of X80's that need palms And gussets...looking for the same type of deal, and also use a XXXLite.

62 bucks including return shipping...should have them tomorrow, will use them Friday.

Great choice. I have two pair of Eagle Pro stock CP92s with the MSH2 Palms. They are the best palm I have used hands down.

62 bucks including return shipping...should have them tomorrow, will use them Friday.

Not too bad...I'll keep them in mind when I get a few extra bucks..

Anyone know if Fix It can do MSH2 with MSH2 overlay?

Or at least be able to do One glove, like the top hand?

I requested with MSH2 overlay...I will let you know when they arrive if they did it or not. I also requested it for both gloves, because I really don't feel like repalming every 3 months.

Shipping mine out today...talked to the same guy you did...Hard to understand but he said he could do MHS2 with same overlay, and new mesh gussets. We'll see.

Shipping mine out today...talked to the same guy you did...Hard to understand but he said he could do MHS2 with same overlay, and new mesh gussets. We'll see.

The normal guy isnt there on Thursdays. Every day but Thursday, I called initially on a Thursday, couldnt understand that guy. Called back next day, and everything was cool. He ordered the MSH2 from Eagle and I shipped the mits.

Just my luck...I already shipped them out...I better call them back tomorrow. I said to the guy 3 times, "MSH2 overlay" dead silence on the other end. I think he said "yes" just to shut me up. He said he'd have them back to me on next Tuesday (I paid to overnight them there and back). They probably don't stock this combo I would imagine..