Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

laserrobottime

Easton CXN holder on non-Easton boots

Starting a thread for Q&A for people curious about the LS2 for CXN swap.

One thing I noticed about the swap is it put more stress on my tendon guards until I bent my legs more on my glide leg. The forward pitch forces a better stride mechanic and deeper knee bend.

Starting a thread for Q&A for people curious about the LS2 for CXN swap.

One thing I noticed about the swap is it put more stress on my tendon guards until I bent my legs more on my glide leg. The forward pitch forces a better stride mechanic and deeper knee bend.

I noticed the same effect once I got used to my old Cobra holders. I know those have a bad rap, but I also know that once I got used to them, my skating felt incomparably better than it was on Tuuk Custom+ and in Bauer boots. I almost swapped CXNs for my stock holders on Mission Amp Flyweights, but I couldn't find the right size over here. All I can say is, after getting used to aggressive pitch, it feels like I'm just missing so much ice when I'm on a more neutral setup, like my feet and ankles are being locked into a slow position because there's just material in the way where it ought not to be.

One thing I noticed about the swap is it put more stress on my tendon guards until I bent my legs more on my glide leg.

That is not uncommon, a lot of people sit back on their heels without realizing it.

Can profiling do the same thing w/ any type of holder?

I've been in Tuuk + and Tuuk LS2 for most of the past 20 years, skated in Graf for about six months w/ Cobra had no issues w/ the holder, just the skates. I actually felt real good in the Cobra.

Pretty much anything that can be done with lifts and holder variations can also be done with profiling. The question would be how much you have to change the profile and your willingness to lose that much steel with the process.

So sounds like I could have the CXN holders from my Makos put on my Supreme 190's? That would give me some pitch right there, and I could have the toe of the skate profiled down a bit too?

Or, use heel lifts and profiling with the existing Lightspeed Edge LS3 that's on my 190's now?

I'm just looking to get back up on my toes the way it was on the Makos. Already had the 190's profiled for a +1 but it still feels like I'm flat footed and about to fall backwards.

I second the part that CXN holder makes you skate "better" for a lack of better words. I skated on Makos for the first time Saturday, and after a brief adjustment, I felt like I was skating with much more of an efficient stride.

Also, a user here that I'd been PM'ing has put CXN on his APX2 skates, and I believe he had success with the mounting, etc. Not sure how he liked it though.