Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

iammerson

Skate Opinion

Looking for some input on my next skate purchase. I have a reasonably wide foot and am very very flat footed so was looking to see what kind of skates worked for other players with similar feet. Thank you for your input.

I'm also looking for new skates. I too have wide, flat feet with a high instep. I've been skating for the last several years in Graf 709s (Size 8 R). They're starting to break down now and I have begun looking for a new pair. I never had great heel lock on the Grafs and want to take advantage of some of the new technology offered so I won't be buying another pair of 709s. I've tried on pretty much every skate so far. Most weren't deep enough for me and some were just down right uncomfortable. I thought the ones that fit me the best were the Bauer Supreme MX3 in 7.5EE. The Makos were also really comfortable. I didn't get a chance to try on the new Graf 9035s. Once I do I'll make a decision. Good luck.

I'm also looking for new skates. I too have wide, flat feet with a high instep. I've been skating for the last several years in Graf 709s (Size 8 R). They're starting to break down now and I have begun looking for a new pair. I never had great heel lock on the Grafs and want to take advantage of some of the new technology offered so I won't be buying another pair of 709s. I've tried on pretty much every skate so far. Most weren't deep enough for me and some were just down right uncomfortable. I thought the ones that fit me the best were the Bauer Supreme MX3 in 7.5EE. The Makos were also really comfortable. I didn't get a chance to try on the new Graf 9035s. Once I do I'll make a decision. Good luck.

MX3 LE my man...if I had $$ like that just lying around those would be my investment.

I thought Nexus had tons of volume? Flat foot people wouldn't like skates with tons of volume, unless they have really thick, chunky feet.

But as mentioned above.. Every company makes wide skates. Some are EE, some are D, it just depends.

If you have a more narrow heel, Vapor EEs might fit well. Regardless, try on EVERY skate you can.

I thought Nexus had tons of volume? Flat foot people wouldn't like skates with tons of volume, unless they have really thick, chunky feet.

But as mentioned above.. Every company makes wide skates. Some are EE, some are D, it just depends.

If you have a more narrow heel, Vapor EEs might fit well. Regardless, try on EVERY skate you can.

How flat your feet are and how big your foot is don't have to have anything to do with each other.

Depth is largely dependent on the height of your instep, which can be due to a high arch, but not always. I have flat feet but a really high insteep. Most skates wide models fit me well just lack the volume to be comfortable. For me (wide forefoot, narrow heel, high instep) the Supremes and Nexus's fit well. The arch in the nexus was positioned all wrong for me so I ended up in a Supreme.

I was in same boat as stick9. I have a wide forefoot, flat footed, narrow heel but not a big instep. I'm in a Bauer Supreme One.8 and it's phenomenal. Try em all and make sure you get fitted well.