Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

elpresidente99

What could be wrong!

Hello at all!!

I bought a new pair of 11k 3 weeks ago. I come from the x60 and the 11k fit me really really well. But unfortantely i cannot skate on the 11k, first i thought i have to get used to it but after abouet 10 skates i cannot skate in them. I switched the skates between a game and everbody noticed that i was back.

I always fall on the ice, get no speed, feel like out of balance, can't get on tour. My stride feels like i'm slipping away cant get pressure on the ice. My skates are sharped really good never had a problem with my x60.

What can't be wrong. I've heard something about the pitch which can be the problem but why i cant get used to it and i'm 100% secure that no lhs near my home can profile skates.

I hope somebody can help me.

THanks

How many times have they been sharpened? From your symptoms, it sounds like your edges are not correct. Often the first sharpening is not done thorough enough to establish the initial edges. Even if the radius and pitch were different from your old skates, what you describe is happening doesn't sound like a radius issue. Have them sharpened again and see if the problems ares till there.

radius of reeboks are 10', and vapors are 9', if i'm not mistaken?

also, there's a possibility the holders not aligned or set up properly/the same as your vapors.

and i agree also with the previous posters, i think the pitch has something to do with it.

How many times have they been sharpened? From your symptoms, it sounds like your edges are not correct. Often the first sharpening is not done thorough enough to establish the initial edges. Even if the radius and pitch were different from your old skates, what you describe is happening doesn't sound like a radius issue. Have them sharpened again and see if the problems ares till there.

I'm with Jimmy on this one. The only other thing I could imagine is that the fit isn't right and you are sliding around a bit in the boot, but there is no reason to go from being able to skate to falling down all the time due to a boot change.

New Sharped, same problem , can there something wrong with the boot while heating. But that cannot be only a pitch problem. Feel like on raw eggs on ice.

But are they sharpened properly? a couple pics would probably help out quite a bit.

Helly guys!! I sold my new 11k's and went back to my x60. The new owner have rbk's before and have no problems with it.

But last night my x60 holder broke. So i'm in the situation

1. swap the holders and steel, because steel with holder broke (a hard slapper hit me)

2. buy a new x60, i like the skate really, but it fall apart in about a one and a half year, and compare to a other skates i think it's really heavy.

3. try the total one, but i'm afraid i have the same problem as with the 11k, i can't believe that there is so much different in skate feel.

i have read that that the to's have a other pitch than the x60 that's right?? Can i give it the right pitch with heel lifts. My lhs in my neighbourhood can't profile it right. Or maybe with some superfeets.

Thanks

Bauer steel will break from time to time, that's not completely out of the ordinary. If you liked the X:60's I think you have two options: get new steel if the boot still has life left in it or just get another pair if it doesn't.

I see you sold them but you should have checked the holders for alingment issues, I cant tell you how many new skates that come in have one or both blades bent bad due to missalinged holders, generally if you undo the front tower they snap back. Ive seen this on all the brands we carry except graf, in total ive fixed at least 50 pair that have had this problem and they were almost unskateable before. Check the skates in a lhs youll be amazed how many come bent. After crossgrinding and getting centered I run a straight line one pass with the machine that really will make the bend more obvious but most people can see it. I almost think that the using of copper rivets on the front tower is what is causing this issue I didnt notice it a couple years ago when most front towers were only steel rivets not both