Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kirkomlett1

New York Rangers 2011/2012 discussion.

Couldn't find one so I thought that I would start one.

After watching the Rangers vs Leafs game last night and all the constant line juggling I think Torts may have lost his marbles.

You know you've hit rock bottom when you're down 4-2 with 1 min 45 seconds to go and torts sends Erik Christensen out as the center man after a timeout.

Couldn't agree more.

Last year, and the year before, them being pretty much underdogs, I actually thought they were pretty good when they managed to cling on and win a game, even if they were playing terrible for 55 minutes.

This season, they've really disappointed me, not just because of wins/losses, but because of the hockey they play.

It's just so boring. And the goals they get, 90% are fluky goals. Not saying that all goals have to be beautiful, willing the puck into the net is really important. But you're not going to win games if you think you can rely 100% on goals of that kind.

Heck, I even think I can coach them better than Torts right now, even though I obviously can't.

I just can't bear to watch their games this season.

torts will juggle lines because things are going too well. He loves to tinker to the point of creating problems tor his team.

What an amazing game against the Bruins today! The Rangers back to first in the NHL for now.

Great game, went all the way to boston from NYC to watch. Def worth it !

Great game, went all the way to boston from NYC to watch. Def worth it !

Nice! Did you rock a jersey?

I'm so proud of the way the Rangers are playing :)

It's nice having them be a top team for once. LOL

Exactly! And the best part is, we have amazing prospects coming up! Kris Kreider is going to be Superstar level talent for us and I'm also excited to see Christian Thomas.

Nice! Did you rock a jersey?

I'm so proud of the way the Rangers are playing :)

OF COURSE i rocked a jersey.. i rocked a Cally jersey !

Kris Kreider should be on the rangers already IMO and Christian Thomas is a stud just give him like 2 yrs

You guys must watch him alot to determine he's nhl ready........but you spelt his name wrong haha

Chris is a great player and I'm rooting for him since he's from my town, but it would be somewhat comical to see him end up doing nothing in the show after rangers fans hyped him up so much

You guys must watch him alot to determine he's nhl ready........but you spelt his name wrong haha

Chris is a great player and I'm rooting for him since he's from my town, but it would be somewhat comical to see him end up doing nothing in the show after rangers fans hyped him up so much

I don't think Rangers fans are "hyping him up so much". The majority of Rangers fans don't even know who he is. And pardon me for mispelling his name.

How bout them rangers tonight boys ! Would you ever think we would be in 1st place at the all star break ?!?! Richards scored, but he still looks like hes lost. Staal only played 12 mins ?? Im a little worried about him

How bout them rangers tonight boys ! Would you ever think we would be in 1st place at the all star break ?!?! Richards scored, but he still looks like hes lost. Staal only played 12 mins ?? Im a little worried about him

did anyone ever think we'd be in first place at the Christmas Break? All-Star Break? YEAH!!!!

Henrik with another shutout too!

I'm also worried about Staal, he looks lost out there. To be honest, this might come as blasphemy but I'd package him in a trade for Bobby Ryan. Seems like players coming back from serious concussions are never the same again...I truly hope that's not the case though. Hope he returns to the same level of play we saw last season.

I feel like its just become so automatic for Henrick to just play so well. I agree I love ryan I think hes just what the rangers need. Subban, Hemsky, Ryan and Selannne is what I am hearing. I have no problem getting rid of Staal we have plenty of depth on the right side. Boston also lost tonight

Marc Staal is the most overrated defenseman in the NHL.

Uhhh, I dunno about that one...I can think of two guys on Toronto alone that are far more overrated than Staal.

I feel like its just become so automatic for Henrick to just play so well. I agree I love ryan I think hes just what the rangers need. Subban, Hemsky, Ryan and Selannne is what I am hearing. I have no problem getting rid of Staal we have plenty of depth on the right side. Boston also lost tonight

Where on Earth are you hearing Subban to Rangers rumor? I heard Ryan and Selanne already and Ales Hemsky I can see but Subban? The fans HATE him and he'd be a cancer in the locker room.

Uhhh, I dunno about that one...I can think of two guys on Toronto alone that are far more overrated than Staal.

Guy is hyped up like he's Bobby Orr. All you hear Micheletti talk about game in and game out is how tough he is to play against and how great his offensive game is... Can you name one thing he's done besides hit Matt Stajan and have the last name Staal? He's slow as hell, he's an extremely overrated passer, doesn't hit anyone not named Ovechkin and when he decides to actually shoot the puck he misses the net by more than 5 feet a majority of the time. He's played 11 games this season and made horrible pinches or passes that lead directly to opposition goals and cost the Rangers points in at least 2 or 3 of those games. I understand people are going to blame that on him being hurt and trying to get his game back, but that doesn't explain the previous 4 years. It's brutally apart that while he got all of the recognition and accolades for the strong play of the top D pair, Danny Girardi was the actual reason they shut teams top players down. McDonagh is a lot better than he is and I hope to God torts doesn't try and force Staal back onto the top pair. In all honesty, when Sauer or Eminger come back healthy, I'd sit Staal before I sat Stralman.

Guy is hyped up like he's Bobby Orr. All you hear Micheletti talk about game in and game out is how tough he is to play against and how great his offensive game is... Can you name one thing he's done besides hit Matt Stajan and have the last name Staal? He's slow as hell, he's an extremely overrated passer, doesn't hit anyone not named Ovechkin and when he decides to actually shoot the puck he misses the net by more than 5 feet a majority of the time. He's played 11 games this season and made horrible pinches or passes that lead directly to opposition goals and cost the Rangers points in at least 2 or 3 of those games. I understand people are going to blame that on him being hurt and trying to get his game back, but that doesn't explain the previous 4 years. It's brutally apart that while he got all of the recognition and accolades for the strong play of the top D pair, Danny Girardi was the actual reason they shut teams top players down. McDonagh is a lot better than he is and I hope to God torts doesn't try and force Staal back onto the top pair. In all honesty, when Sauer or Eminger come back healthy, I'd sit Staal before I sat Stralman.

You have to be on drugs if you would sit Staal before Stralaman. But i agree with him beings overrated, He is the top defenseman on the team tho. Give the guy a break my God. Missing one game in the NHL and your timing is off think about 9 months. He is not that much better then MCD or GIR but he is better. I would trade him away in an instant if the opportunity was there for a goalscorer / top 6 forward. Our defensive has been doing great without him, we need goals so if it came down to it we should let him go. BUT don't ever trash the guy like you would sit him before Stralaman ?!?!

You have to be on drugs if you would sit Staal before Stralaman. But i agree with him beings overrated, He is the top defenseman on the team tho. Give the guy a break my God. Missing one game in the NHL and your timing is off think about 9 months. He is not that much better then MCD or GIR but he is better. I would trade him away in an instant if the opportunity was there for a goalscorer / top 6 forward. Our defensive has been doing great without him, we need goals so if it came down to it we should let him go. BUT don't ever trash the guy like you would sit him before Stralaman ?!?!

You have to be on drugs if you think Staal is the top defenseman on the team. He's not better than McDonagh and he's nowhere near better than Girardi.

There are 30 teams. Each team has 7 or 8 D. Last Year Marc Staal was an All-star which means he was in the top 16. And many would argue he is in the top 10. Look I agree with you that he IS overrated. But it is an opinion if you want to say MCD and GIR are better then Staal go ahead. I think most people will disagree. Some would want to crucify you, to me they are pretty close but Staal is still better and proved himself time in and time out. This is the first season were you can even compare MCD and GIR to him.