Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kirkomlett1

New York Rangers 2011/2012 discussion.

Wolski was just traded to Florida for Vernace and a third round pick

Pretty impressed we pulled a 3rd rounder off for him, especially since it was being reported that management was considering placing him on waivers.

Take it with a grain of salt, but the word is Stepan is the center piece for the Nash deal, or at least CBJ is asking for him. It's unclear where the Rangers are on it but if he goes it's pretty much a swap with a few other pieces thrown in to even it out.

@Buccigross

Latest rumor around MSG- Dubinsky, #1, and AHL D Man Tim Erixson for Nash. Erixson does everything well. Needs to bulk up but will be stud.

Take it with a grain of salt, but the word is Stepan is the center piece for the Nash deal, or at least CBJ is asking for him. It's unclear where the Rangers are on it but if he goes it's pretty much a swap with a few other pieces thrown in to even it out.

Then theres another rumor that Del Zotto is the centerpiece. These rumors are getting so out of hand. I cant wait until tomorrow is over.

On positive note, Sweet goal by Cally last night! He's proving why he should've been wearing the "C" 2 years ago ahead of Drury.

On positive note, Sweet goal by Cally last night! He's proving why he should've been wearing the "C" 2 years ago ahead of Drury.

How does a goal last night prove anything about the captaincy two years ago?

How does a goal last night prove anything about the captaincy two years ago?

Sorry let me re-phrase this. "Callahan's overtime winning goal last night CONTINUES to show why he should've been the captain of the Rangers a long time ago. His work ethic, hustle, clutch play all eclipses anything Drury ever did for the Rangers".

That work for you?

Sorry let me re-phrase this. "Callahan's overtime winning goal last night CONTINUES to show why he should've been the captain of the Rangers a long time ago. His work ethic, hustle, clutch play all eclipses anything Drury ever did for the Rangers".

That work for you?

No, it still isn't related and doesn't make any sense.

I'm not disputing that he seems to be a good captain or that you want a clutch guy to be your captain, just that it has anything to do with what happened (or didn't happen) two years ago.

I'd say that if there is any truth to that Buccigross rumor, then Slats has turned into an evil genius.

If there's any truth to it, Scott Howson is even dumber than anyone previously gave him credit for. I don't think Nash is going anywhere right now, nobody that's buying can afford to blow up their roster to pick him up.

If that's true, than that must mean we're sending a defenseman somewhere...thinking Del Zotto might be going bye bye as rumored. :(

They apparently through a safe full of players at CBJ and Howson didn't move. Oh well, not too big a deal imo. Kreider will be coming soon anyway.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/rangers/rangers_don_trade_for_nash_stand_jAPkLXtsG4UrJTPv9MxcVN#ixzz1ncVaGdzr

Columbus GM Scott Howson rejected what is believed a Rangers' final offer of Dubinsky, 21-year-old defenseman Tim Erixon, 2011 first-rounder J.T. Miller, 2010 second-rounder Christian Thomas and a first-round selection in this June's Entry Draft

Sather basically said without actually saying his name that Kreider will sign as soon as his season is over at BC, which will be some time in April.

Sather basically said without actually saying his name that Kreider will sign as soon as his season is over at BC, which will be some time in April.

If that's true, I'm really anxious! Could he actually be ready to join the Rangers right out of the BC season?

I just hope that Kreider doesn't get a bunch of pressure heaped on him to immediately be highly productive at the NHL level right out of college. Fans and the media need to let him grow and mature naturally, not stunt the kid's growth right off the bat by demanding insane numbers right away.

I don't see that happening. Torts wont give him a lot of responsibility, especially on a team that's already rolling. Kreider's going to get worked in just like Anisimov and Stepan did I'd imagine.

He probably take Feds spot on the 3rd line, which would push him to the 4th and Mitchell back down to the AHL. If he does well, he'd definitely get a shot on the PP, but I don't see him coming in and playing a top 6 roll this year or maybe even next, definitely not right off the bat. Not to say that he wont contribute, but we are in an advantageous position to let him grow and develop with little pressure while still playing in an NHL environment and developing chemistry with the team.

I agree with you that Torts would bring him along slowly. I was making the point that people on here and other boards are already SCREAMING for Kreider to don a Blueshirt. It's THOSE people that I worry about putting pressure on him. You never know how people will react to the fishbowl that is NY. That goes for rookies OR vets.