Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

marka

Cheap equivalent to TC2-5?

Howdy,

Looking for a dryland training stick...  I've been using and liking the True XCore w/tc2-5 curve.  Anyone know of a cheap stick with that curve and a similar kick point?  I'd like it to be dedicated, so that I can cut it shorter than my player stick, but would prefer to not spend a lot on it.  Hoping to find something significantly less than a clearance xcore7 (Which is a little over $100)...

Mark

I find the Warrior QRL and QR line loads and shoots similar to the XCore9 even though they're listed as different kick points.  The QR sticks are on clearance now, and I think everything is at least 50% off, so mid tier stick is easily around $100 or less. 

But for stick handling feel, I don't know if there's a stick that matches the XCore line. That darn dampening insert really works. 

I'd focus more on the technique than the tools. That's the beauty of doing it. You might even consider something stiffer & heavier so your ice stick feels lite and easy to load.

Howdy,

I ended up just saying the hell with it and getting an XCore 7.  I wasn't seeing anything significantly enough cheaper.

I wanted the same curve more than anything else.  The XCore 7 will be stiffer (75 flex) and heavier than the XCore 9 I currently use (65 flex).

Mark

I was eyeing the XCore 7 for a bit, but from what i can tell from their website, the XCore 7 doesn't have the smart flex tech that the XCore 9 has, so the flex profile will be different. Not sure if that matters to you or not.