Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

D3nZ

Moore to speak

Be sure to watch weither TSN, RDS and probably ESPN in the states, Steve Moore will apparently be speaking to the media at 7:15 ET.

EDIT: Sorry I meant 6:15 ET, 7:15 my time :o

He doesn't remember the incident, his memory from 40 min before and a coupld of hours later is blank. He didn't talk to Bertuzzi and he is hopping that the Avs will win the cup, hehe.

Moore addressed his thanks for all who gave him support during the early stages of his recovery and how he feels fortunate to be able to walk into the press conference on his own two feet. He said the medical staff have him encouraging news on his condition (no further comment), and how he's concentrating on rehab and taking things one day at a time. Moore's attitude seemed positive though. He avoided commenting about Bertuzzi directly as there is a police investigation currently going on.

I'm sure it'll be posted on a sports site sooner or later today.

And we all know that what Bettman say's is ALWAYS the truth and should be taken VERY seriously. :rolleyes:

I can't say that I blame him for not wanting to talk to Bert, I wouldn't want to talk to him either if I was in Moore's shoes.

I think it was great that he (Moore) addressed the hockey world. I'm sure he's appreciated all the support and well wishes he had been receiving as well. Hearing him speak, and talk about being optimistic about making a comeback makes me wonder if the Doctors might be advising against it.

Hearing him speak, and talk about being optimistic about making a comeback makes me wonder if the Doctors might be advising against it.

He keeps talking of "maybe" playing again, etc. It just seemed to me like he was speaking the words of the Avalanche association or lawyerspeak. I wouldn't at all be surprised if he was being advised to "take it easy" as far as recovery goes. Not because he doesn't want to rehab quickly, but because a speedy comeback could possibly lessen the Bertuzzi punishment (next season).

I wouldn't be surprised if he were to be advised not to make the jump into rehab until mid next season, or at least after Bertuzzi has had his reinstatement rejected next season.

I'm not doubting his injury, I'm just doubting his attitude about it. I don't know of ANY player that would hesitate at all about being able to play again, whether a doctor/lawyer said they could or couldn't.

*Just a though, trying to make it interesting.

I'm really happy that he's feeling well has been released. I've prayed for him.

I wouldn't be surprised if doctors have advised against it at this stage. The stretched nerves might have sounded like the least serious injury he sustained, but they are potentially the most threatening, and I think that it could be giving the doctors a pause.

Doctors are always cautious about pro athletes returning from serious injury. They don't want a player to take a shortcut and make things worse. It sounds like he's listening to the doctors and following their instructions.

It was painful to see him with that huge brace on but it wasn't as bad as when Draper had his post-Claude interview. The cries of "Nyook what he deed to muh faith!!" will haunt my ears forever.

Draper looks fine now though, thank God. I also think that although Moore was obviously pissed at Bert, the guy was trying to apologize and he should have listened to him AND addressed it at the press conference.

Bullshit. Bertuzzi intended to hurt him, why should Moore listen to Bertuzzi just to make Todd feel better? Anything he says right now can be used in the event of a criminal or civil trial so it's best not to say anything at all.