Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JoeyJ0506

Pittsburgh

Looking for a team

Where: Pittsburgh Area

Rink: Any of the Rinks in the greater Pittsburgh Area, let me know where and I'll let you know if it's reasonable driving distance

What: left or right wing

League: D or C level

When: Any Holiday season tournaments

I have a buddy who is also looking to play, but is not a MSH member

same. i don't know if they have adult league tournys anywhere in this area. i think ice connection of pittsburgh might have one.

i'm willing to play at

Warrendale

Harmarville

Ice Connection of Pittsburgh

Neville Island

same. i don't know if they have adult league tournys anywhere in this area. i think ice connection of pittsburgh might have one.

i'm willing to play at

Warrendale

Harmarville

Neville Island

Well, if no tournaments surface we'll be playing a whole bunch of morning/afternoon pickup at Warrendale, if you want to know when my buddies and I will be there just let me know :D

i'm willing to play at

Warrendale

Harmarville

Neville Island

Well, if no tournaments surface we'll be playing a whole bunch of morning/afternoon pickup at Warrendale, if you want to know when my buddies and I will be there just let me know :D

ya anytime. my work schedule sucks for hockey though now i got a new job. i work M - F till 4:30pm. This christmas break for students is going to crowd warrendale so bad haha.

ya anytime. my work schedule sucks for hockey though now i got a new job. i work M - F till 4:30pm. This Christmas break for students is going to crowd warrendale so bad haha.

You're not kidding :angry: That's when I routinely see the ice for only 10-15 minutes in a two hour skate. I'll let you know when we plan on going so you can see if you'll be able to go.

ya anytime. my work schedule sucks for hockey though now i got a new job. i work M - F till 4:30pm. This Christmas break for students is going to crowd warrendale so bad haha.

You're not kidding :angry: That's when I routinely see the ice for only 10-15 minutes in a two hour skate. I'll let you know when we plan on going so you can see if you'll be able to go.

alright your better off emailing me

i sent you a pm with my contact.

I want to try this summer league team construction again. I know it is January but last year we started late and things never really got going. My thought is that if this team gets made up we'll try to keep it together as long as we can giving us all somewhere to play year-round. This is my last year of NCAA eligibility, so baseball will not be a problem after this spring. I'm willing to take the full responsibility of registering the team at Warrendale or Neville Island, and having jerseys made.

Jerseys will be made through MSH member SubliTwill. I had a set made by him for my college inline team this year and the results are astounding. His prices are very reasonable given the quality of his product. Along with the price of the jersey comes my promise to you guys that for as long as I live in the Pittsburgh area I will keep them team running so that we all have somewhere to play. I'm tired of jumping around and hoping people have empty roster spots as I know some of you probably are too. So, while we may not be getting $25 jerseys we will be using them over and over; really getting our money's worth out of them. Colors will be orange, blue, and white, and the jerseys themselves will be fully dye subliminated. Look HERE for an example of what SubliTwill can do with a jersey. Our main color will be orange so we do not need a home and away jersey. One neutral color will cut our future costs ensuring that after our first season we will not need any more sets of uniforms. Once things get moving in the right direction and people commit I'll ask SubliTwill to design a custom and unique jersey for us. I recolored the old San Diego Gulls Logo to fit the team's colors. When/If the time comes I will set up a PayPal account to collect money from everyone for jerseys. League fees will be collected closer to the beginning of the season. SubliTwill takes 5 weeks to have jerseys made so there will be a considerable buffer between ordering the jerseys and the beginning of the season. This should also help to make the cost easier on everyone by spacing it out considerably.

Our Logo:

gullsoriginal.png

We'll need 19 total players to make sure the price is reasonable per player, and that there are enough people in case some people can not show up on any given night. If we want to further drop the price I'd gladly roster 19 Players.

12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 1 Goalie*

*The goalie owes us no league fees, but must pay for their jersey. Hopefully this entices someone to come play for us. We really cannot have a team without someone being committed to showing up and tending the net for us.

I'm trying to put together a team that will begin playing in the summer at either Warrendale Bladerunners or Neville Island. I'd like to move forward now so I don't run into the same problems we did last year when we tried this so late in the game.

Click HERE to link to the thread that explains the details from last year as well as all the new details about this year's attempt.

Apes, I hope this goes better that last year. :D

My apologies.

What level are you going to enter the team in? A, B, or C?

D league at Warrendale, I informed the manager that we're piecing a team together from scratch and will not know our true skill level until we start playing. We would be bumped up very quickly if we prove too good for the league we are in.

What do you anticipate the price being?

The number I got back from Warrendale is $1,200 per team.

Divided by 15 players is $80 per player

Divided by 18 players is $67 per player

Remember the goalie does not pay a league fee, and that everyone is going to need a jersey.

I have put the team on the Warrendale waiting list for the summer session. This is not saying that this team is official in any respect, but that should everything pan out that we should have a place to play.

I'm interested. Would we definitely be at Warrendale or is there a chance at being in Neville.

I'm interested. Would we definitely be at Warrendale or is there a chance at being in Neville.

I think Warrendale is the best bet for summer. It's a full 5 on 5 and goalies league, whereas the Neville Island summer league is 3 on 3. Warrendale is only about 10-15 minutes away from Neville Island via 79, so it's not that much more of a distance. Also, the team fee is $295 less than Neville Island.

If anyone is interested I can create a Facebook group so that it is easier to follow what is going on with the team.

Search, "Gulls Hockey," in Facebook. Join the group and I will confirm the add.

All images and colors were sent to SubliTwill, Since we're still in preliminary stages there's not rush for him to mock anything up. Whenever something is done I will post either here or on the Facebook page.

I'd be interested in this. I also have a buddy of mine that is a very good roller goalie that has played about 5 to 10 games on ice and wants to get into an ice team. He would almost certainly be in if you guys are looking for a goalie. I also could get a couple of other guys to play if needed just get me a number together.

I wish I would have saw this forum/thread sooner!

I'm a decent B/C (depending on the league and rink) defenseman but can play up front if needed. I have a couple of guys that would be decent d guys and maybe one guy that is a decent forward.

I'd be interested in this. I also have a buddy of mine that is a very good roller goalie that has played about 5 to 10 games on ice and wants to get into an ice team. He would almost certainly be in if you guys are looking for a goalie. I also could get a couple of other guys to play if needed just get me a number together.

I wish I would have saw this forum/thread sooner!

I'm a decent B/C (depending on the league and rink) defenseman but can play up front if needed. I have a couple of guys that would be decent d guys and maybe one guy that is a decent forward.

I sent you a PM, we have plenty of roster spots available, and the fact that the majority of you are defensemen is awesome. I'll include the information I need from everyone in the PM, along with my email. Your goalie buddy is definitely welcome as well.