Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tommyGUN

reebok 11k skates

hey guys,

might pull the trigger on a pair of 11k's, still hesitant because of issues i've heard of with the pumps. my favorite pair of skates were the 05' vector pros, and now i have a pair of bauer x:40's that i've worn through. i want the 11k's because i loved my lace lock, but is it worth it with the pump issues? anybody with the 11k's dissatisfied? should i just bake the skates and ruin the pump? thanks

I have had these skates for a few months and have owned all 3 generations of the pump skate and the 11k is the best one so far with fit and durability. The pump has not broken on any of the skates i own. The 11k addressed areas from previous models and is a solid anadian made skate

Pretty sure the 11ks are heat moldable. Just make sure you don't pump it while you're molding.

hey guys,

might pull the trigger on a pair of 11k's, still hesitant because of issues i've heard of with the pumps. my favorite pair of skates were the 05' vector pros, and now i have a pair of bauer x:40's that i've worn through. i want the 11k's because i loved my lace lock, but is it worth it with the pump issues? anybody with the 11k's dissatisfied? should i just bake the skates and ruin the pump? thanks

If lace lock is the driving factor you can put those on any skate. I had them on my One95s. I took a pair of lace locks off an old RBK 4K Roller skate, took some 3/8" T-Nuts (I believe that's the size, I took the lace lock bolt to Home Depot to size it up) and just put them into the eyelet 3 down. Worked wonderfully.

lace lock not the only driving factor, i've worn through my x:40's. so i need a new pair of skates, and was thinking about going back to ccm/reebok. just have heard bad things about the pump. was thinking about getting the u+ cl and adding the lace lock. really the only thing holding me back is the issues with the pump, i've heard ppl say they didnt bake the skates and they are wonderful, some ppl bake them and they ruin the pumps (also voids the warranty?), then some who bake them and they are fine, just seems so hit or miss. then the u+ cl, ppl say is extremely stiff and the new 11k's are much softer. i live in iowa and have to go back to chicago to buy gear, so when i go this weekend, i have to make a decision on the spot just based on reviews and how the skates feel in the store

Your pump will be fine as long as you do 2 things. Deflate it completely when you bake them, and deflate them completely when you take them off.

I love my 11K's, and though I am on them three times a week minimum, since May I am having no issues whatsoever with them. Like the poster above me said, don't inflate at all during the baking, and ALWAYS deflate them before taking them off. I have had 2 pairs of 9k skates, and now the 11K's never had a problem with the pump.

Where alot of people run into problems with baking the pump is inflating to soon after baking, and the pump material hasn't settled. It may be cool but its still soft. I believe there ate instructions that state you should wait at least 24 hours before using the pump after baking.

Where alot of people run into problems with baking the pump is inflating to soon after baking, and the pump material hasn't settled. It may be cool but its still soft. I believe there ate instructions that state you should wait at least 24 hours before using the pump after baking.

What he and the guys above said. No problems with my pumps at all either and have had my skates for 2 years now

I'm thinking about getting Reebok skates too but I can't decide between the 11k, 10k, or 9k. How does last years 9k compare to the other two? How does the 10k compare to 11k? Which one would be the best value?

Another thing I'm concerned about is I heard the Reeboks are a fully carbon fiber boot. I'm not sure if this is true but does that mean that it can't be punched out?

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

I just got the 11ks in customed sized and thicker tounges and they are safe to bake. calixguy18 I would go with the 11ks due to its light weight(which is about 80 grams lighter then the 10ks) and is more durable then the 10ks. The 9ks are alright skates but the technology in the 11ks has improved with the new liner, better pump system,carbon fiber boot and lighter weight. To rank the skates I would go............

1.11ks

2.Old 9ks

3.10ks

Has anyone tried on or own a pair of 11K's with the optional narrow aa heel? Just curious about how narrow that heel is, and what other skate that 11K's narrow heel would compare to.

My LHS doesn't carry the optional size. Thx!!

I've had these skates for 6-7 months now and skate em 3-4 times a week. I can't say enough how awesome the 11ks are.

Ive used vapor xxxxs, supertacks, vapor xxvs and hands down the quality and durability is superb.

I have the d/aa narrow heel and it fits me perfect. Going from vapor XXXXs to 11ks all kinds of people notices how much better I skated in the rbks.

As for the pump I baked em, and have no problems so far (crosses fingers) I pump about 10x, I'm curious about how many pumps all you guys use

Thanks! That is great feedback on the skate fit. Most skates with a regular A heel don't work for me. No matter how I tighten them, they all roll inwards on me, even just standing in the store. ( tendon guard always off center towards the inside) Mission Fuel AGX is the only skate

that I can wear that doesn't tilt inwards. These 11K's could be a solution.

I just got the 11ks in customed sized and thicker tounges and they are safe to bake. calixguy18 I would go with the 11ks due to its light weight(which is about 80 grams lighter then the 10ks) and is more durable then the 10ks. The 9ks are alright skates but the technology in the 11ks has improved with the new liner, better pump system,carbon fiber boot and lighter weight. To rank the skates I would go............

1.11ks

2.Old 9ks

3.10ks

Thanks Shark. So you think it's worth the extra $300 to get the 11ks over the 9ks?

If you want a better fitting skate that performs better and has no lace bite compared to the 9ks which I've heard has terrible lace bite I would go with the 11ks.

I tried the 11ks on at a shop yesterday and they felt awesome. It was like putting my feet in furry slippers. It was so comfortable and soft on the inside...probably the most comfortable skate I've tried on. Unfortunately they weren't the right shape for my feet and my heel kept lifting up (even when pumped).

Calixguy, was the skate a A size heel, or the narrower aa heel?

I didn't really check but I'm guessing it is the standard heel (A) as the shop isn't very big and doesn't have a lot of inventory. For reference, my heel fits perfectly in an Easton S17.

Sorry to bring an old thread back up, but I've been really trying to get a gauge on durability of the 11ks. Reading the reviews, 2 users have stated that they have broken down on them, and I was wondering if these was common amongst all owners, or if these were in the lesser of the majority.

Some questions for current owners if you happen to have some time:

How old are your 11ks?

Your Weight/Height?

How many times you play a week?

Current Condition: 1-10 (1 unusable, 5 showing signs of wearing down, 10 still going strong: feel free to add details about where they've broken down or if they're still the same)

Thanks!

I have had mine for a year , i play 2 times a week and i am 6'1 and 215lbs play defense. The only problem i have had with them is the tendon guard ripped just like my last 2 pairs of reebok skates. I do not tigh them tight up top so i do lean back on them and flex the top boot. The overall condition is still a 7.5 out of 10 and the skates are very solid. I would say these are the best reebok skates they have put out and the second would be the the first generation 8k black and silver skates.