Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why would you flip it for $150 when it cost you a minimum of $150 to make assuming you had the facility and expertise in production

They don't cost anywhere close to $150 to make, especially the counterfeit sticks that are made with inferior raw materials.

factories push out knock offs of just about anything possible, and hockey sticks are not immune to this. Just because they make it look like the high end stick, doesnt mean it contains the same high end technologies or performance/materials. If bauer were to repaint this stick, i dont think they would forget that they label 87 as their regular flex.

Fake sticks exist. Here in Mtl they're all over kijiji. I almost bought one but noticed super blade heavy and no coated texture on blade. They buy them from alibaba.com

Very shady

Guys I have a question; what does "repainted mean" I read 5 different things online. You are saying I can take the coating off my APX2 and add custom graphics to it.... where would I get the material? I know that graphics are applied in production phase.. so it is kind foreign to me..

Could someone comment on this craigslist posting. They are saying these sticks are fake, I just want to make sure it's not a Euro model only and actually a fake. Thanks

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/van/spo/4540712711.html

These sticks are fake. A group of cons already hit the S2K forum. A guy was selling fake Nexus 8000 sticks out of Montreal for a "friend". The craiglist ad is a warning for those who might not be a S2K member and only see the cons' other craiglist/kijiji ads. Since it was found out, the S2K moderators deleted the thread (unfortunately), but BUYER BEWARE!

Anything below $180 is a loss to a retailer, especially for new items.

The following sticks are hitting the market that are fakes (recent to older):

MX3 (ebay seems to be hot market as of now; won't hit store shelves until September)

Nexus 8000 (craiglists, kijiji, alibaba and other "pro stock" forums)

APX2

NXG

Here's a sample of the listing for fake sticks (Bauer doesn't ship straight to a customer, unless they're custom ordered, which comes with the "MyBauer" I.D.; Also, prices are retail MAP'd to $259.99 as of 6/2014):

d8XhycM.jpg

More samples (top fake, bottom real):

DSC_6953_zps2f342cb1.jpgDSC_6954_zpseaf3c9b1.jpgDSC_6955_zpsf343288c.jpgDSC_6952_zps5ee46152.jpg

biggest giveaway on the on those fake nxg are the "grip ribs". They look completely different. They look like pieces of glue added onto the stick unlike on the real versions.

So ordered one of these fake Bauer Totalone NXG's from a friend who was doing an order for sticks from China. The stick matched the exact specifications as the fake sticks listed above. My first impressions of the stick were that it felt squarer in my hands( had a retail NXG to compare it too), and the flex felt stiffer. The blade felt a little stiffer as well but it was not a very big deal. The stick didn't feel exactly like a NXG obviously but it wasn't as bad as most would expect. I was able to use the stick for about 2 months before snapping in half which is very good for me. Most of my sticks usually last 1-3 months so the durability was on par. I was very happy with the stick considering it costed only $80.

Just a question for you guys. Are these sticks legal to order only for personal use? I thought the price was very fair for $80 dollars but wouldn't be spending over $150 like the scammers are selling them.

So ordered one of these fake Bauer Totalone NXG's from a friend who was doing an order for sticks from China. The stick matched the exact specifications as the fake sticks listed above. My first impressions of the stick were that it felt squarer in my hands( had a retail NXG to compare it too), and the flex felt stiffer. The blade felt a little stiffer as well but it was not a very big deal. The stick didn't feel exactly like a NXG obviously but it wasn't as bad as most would expect. I was able to use the stick for about 2 months before snapping in half which is very good for me. Most of my sticks usually last 1-3 months so the durability was on par. I was very happy with the stick considering it costed only $80.

Just a question for you guys. Are these sticks legal to order only for personal use? I thought the price was very fair for $80 dollars but wouldn't be spending over $150 like the scammers are selling them.

Not legal. It's a patented technology/design that's being ripped off and sold as the original. For example, creating a fake Rolex and selling as if it were an authethic Rolex. All about the $$$$$$$$, no matter who gets boned in the end.

If they didn't use the same design (Bauer, NXG, Supreme, etc), then it may pass as legal as long as the consumer knows what he or she is buying. However, you're most likely paying for an inferior product since it's been replicated with errors and with unknown materails, and with an unknown process.

So the morality of the fake stick market aside, I wonder which would be a better purchase, a fake top end stick for $100, or a low end real stick for the same price? I'm not trying to imply anyone should ever buy a fake stick of course,

I'm just curious.

The problem is that you don't know WHAT you're getting nor are do you have any guarantee that it'll preform as advertised/assumed. For example, you pay $100 for a fake NXG, it breaks in the first week, now who is going to replace it? Certainly not Bauer!

Here's another example of fake sticks:

So excited to sell fake sticks that he/she comes up with a stupid story that doesn't match his/her feedback. Plus decides to sell 2 sticks, but shows a pile of sticks in plastic. AND can't decide whether they're left or right!

http://www.ebay.com/...016.m2518.l4276

Think about like this: If you bought a $260 stick would you turn around and sell it for $195, losing $75. Or would you buy a $80-$100 stick that hasn't even been released to stores yet, and turn around and sell it for $195 to someone who doesn't know any better.

Not legal. It's a patented technology/design that's being ripped off and sold as the original. For example, creating a fake Rolex and selling as if it were an authethic Rolex. All about the $$$$$$$$, no matter who gets boned in the end.

If they didn't use the same design (Bauer, NXG, Supreme, etc), then it may pass as legal as long as the consumer knows what he or she is buying. However, you're most likely paying for an inferior product since it's been replicated with errors and with unknown materails, and with an unknown process.

Okay thats what I was thinking.

So the morality of the fake stick market aside, I wonder which would be a better purchase, a fake top end stick for $100, or a low end real stick for the same price? I'm not trying to imply anyone should ever buy a fake stick of course,

I'm just curious.

My fake NXG was definitely much better than a low end retail stick. The major issue was that the stick was stiffer than rated compared to my other total one.

Just a question for you guys. Are these sticks legal to order only for personal use?

No, it's a trademark violation

sigh I got ripped off as well. The paint job seemed very accurate (APX 2). The first real give away should be the weight of the stick - unfortunately I brushed it off because I was buying a stick with a stiffer flex than usual. The warranty sticker font was also slightly different

Could someone comment on this craigslist posting. They are saying these sticks are fake, I just want to make sure it's not a Euro model only and actually a fake. Thanks

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/van/spo/4540712711.html

I made this ad. A teammate of mine picked up two of them and eventually hassled the seller to get his money back once I saw the s2k thread on them; he threatened legal action. More awareness is required. I got an email from a mother who said she almost bought one for her son. This is the main reason I made the ad as I feel people who are into pro stock gear would be able to determine the legitimacy of a stick on their own.

Less incentive to buy fake in mn. Top end sticks 199-209 in many shops. Good to have many merchants. Not on line you have to go to the store. I know you cannot name the stores on here.

On a somewhat related note. I was talking to a sales associate at total hockey today and he said that after the first or second shipment of new model year sticks, Bauer simply repaints the previous model year to look new and ships them out to retail stores. (...?) He said hes taken the top layer of paint off Bauer sticks maybe 7 or 8 months after their release to find the paint job of the previous model year.

Has anyone encountered this?