Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cosmic

CCM RBZ Inline Skates: Spring 2014

Just got off the phone with (Reebok-)CCM, and the rep tells me that the CCM RBZ Inline Skates are planned for Spring 2014. (July 19 was the date he gave me for the CCM RBZ Ice Hockey Skates.)

I saw the whole line of skates and tried them on. Comfortable skates, however I felt like something was missing. The top 2 skates, the RBZ and RBZ90 were really nice, I liked the RBZ 90 the best because it was white like the Mission Inhalers. However, I didn't feel like any of the CCMs would be worth the money. The RBZs are $650, The RBZ 90s are $400, RBZ 80 $300. The bottom two skates were really bad. The RBZ 90s were on par with the Inhaler AC4s in my opinion. Also doesn't look like they're going forward with the Reebok roller hockey stuff. The 2 lower end skates out of the 5 total were pretty bad. Especially at the price points. Floppy soft boots and thin tongues. I think I have the catalog too. The RBZs come with 4x80mm Labeda Addiction wheels with Labeda Swiss lite bearings.

I saw the whole line of skates and tried them on. Comfortable skates, however I felt like something was missing. The top 2 skates, the RBZ and RBZ90 were really nice, I liked the RBZ 90 the best because it was white like the Mission Inhalers. However, I didn't feel like any of the CCMs would be worth the money. The RBZs are $650, The RBZ 90s are $400, RBZ 80 $300. The bottom two skates were really bad. The RBZ 90s were on par with the Inhaler AC4s in my opinion. Also doesn't look like they're going forward with the Reebok roller hockey stuff. The 2 lower end skates out of the 5 total were pretty bad. Especially at the price points. Floppy soft boots and thin tongues. I think I have the catalog too. The RBZs come with 4x80mm Labeda Addiction wheels with Labeda Swiss lite bearings.

What skates do you recommend then for a nice comfortable, stiff boot?

What skates do you recommend then for a nice comfortable, stiff boot?

Mission AC4 or better but I really didn't want to turn a CCM thread into a Mission thread or skate war. The new Bauer Vapor roller hockey line looks very promising as well.

honestly its all preference and the shape of your foot. i have mission axiom t'9s and i hate them but i have friends who love them. if you have a wide foot ive been told that the skate is wonderful. if you have a skinnier foot your best bet is a pair of missions or bauers.

Boot wise, the narrowest boot is Alkali, then Bauer, Mission, Rbk / Tour. However Alkali is also one of the most adaptable boots, conforming to just about all foot shapes after a bake.

UPDATE: I spoke with someone at IW a few days ago (trying to figure out other gear that I am lining up), and she tells me that the CCM RBZ Inline skates are scheduled for release toward the end of summer 2013, and that they have a demo pair in the store presently. It sounded as if everyone is NOT as excited about the skate as they had expected to be (but they are still excited'ish), but it could just be a case of excessively high expectations that may be difficult to meet, as CCM has been coming out with some awesome stuff recently between the CL line and RBZ stick. I hear the boot is very narrow in the midfoot, for what it's worth.

I am still excited about these skates, specifically regarding the low thermomold temperature that I am hoping to take advantage of by just wearing the skates around the house to get them to mold to my foot.

UPDATE: I spoke with someone at IW a few days ago (trying to figure out other gear that I am lining up), and she tells me that the CCM RBZ Inline skates are scheduled for release toward the end of summer 2013, and that they have a demo pair in the store presently. It sounded as if everyone is NOT as excited about the skate as they had expected to be (but they are still excited'ish), but it could just be a case of excessively high expectations that may be difficult to meet, as CCM has been coming out with some awesome stuff recently between the CL line and RBZ stick. I hear the boot is very narrow in the midfoot, for what it's worth.

I am still excited about these skates, specifically regarding the low thermomold temperature that I am hoping to take advantage of by just wearing the skates around the house to get them to mold to my foot.

The Reebok/CCM rep told us that these are not coming out until Winter 2013/2014. Around that time. The definitely won't be out by the end of the summer. The reason no body is excited is because all CCM did was take the RBZ, add a vent to the toe cap, and slap it on a Labeda chassis. They didn't really do anything roller specific. The RBZ 90's are white which is nice, all the other skates are ugly IMO.

As far as sizing you go down 2 sizes from shoes size for these skates. A size 8 Bauer or size 8 CCM U+ CL is a 7.5 in the RBZ boot, roller or ice. The skates are definitely comfortable but I feel like they're just missing something for roller. Something is left to be desired.

The skates are definitely comfortable but I feel like they're just missing something for roller. Something is left to be desired.

That's what I keep hearing (something's missing), but I think this may actually bode well for me, as I am coming back after a long layoff. Last time I played hockey was in between games of "Blades of Steel" when I was a kid!! (just kidding, it has not been that long, but it has definitely been awhile). So yea, maybe "a little something missing" will provide me with a nice transitional skate to refind my stride. Just a theory.

Is it the recessed labada chassis uses on Tours or an "in house made" chassis like the reeboks?

I don't believe it is the same as the tours but I will check on that tomorrow, I believe they say Labeda on them, at least for the RBZ and RBZ 90. But I'll try to remember to check.

They are an in house made frame. Just saw them today. Nice, but pretty heavy. They could have at least made the frame out of Magnesium. Not a bad price point at all though.....