Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Moose

Resigning from One95 loyalty; Covert DT1 feedback

I've come to the conclusion that I'll need to move on from my one95s since they're just too hard to find now. I'm curious about the warrior line up especially being 6'5; the extra length is inticing. I was thinking about going towards the easton RS but thought I'd get some feedback from folks who have compared DT1 and one95. The MSH reviews were a great help so supplemental feedback would be appreciated. The DT1 seems to be in my price range now at 150.

I also have stayed away from the One.9 as my MSH2 palms are just too slick without the grip.

I'm the same height and a fellow One95 fan so I'm anxiously awaiting my DT1ST to arrive so I can try it out. Haven't really read too much on it here and seen less in person, but grabbed a Granlund from Amazon (of all places) for $160. I haven't used a Warrior stick in about 4 years so I'm curious to see how I'll like it. Would have loved a 110 option, but so it goes.

IMO the One.9 is a dog for puck feel, I don't get enough feedback for where the puck is on my blade. I like the One95 and NXG. The closeout DT1 is a great stick, you should find the blade similar to the One95. I'm an 87 flex Supreme, 100 flex DT1.

This will probably be the best read for you with the original covert dt1, it's a q & a about the stick with the warrior stick rep. http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums/index.php/topic/61415-warrior-covert-stick-lineup/ it also won stick of the year here on MSH

One thing you need to think about is the difference between the two sticks, the one95 and the dt1 the big one being the Bauer is a mid kick and the dt1 is a low kick. What this means is the puck will feel different when shooting and may take some getting used to (one puck and shoot should do) but that's not necissarily a bad thing. In general if you favor wristers and quick snapshots go low kick, slappers are usually favored by a mid kick stick. With that said my slapshot has been the best with my dt1 and I would have to go back to wood sticks for anything better.

The warrior has a full feeling but rounded shaft that fits well into most people's hands compared to the square feeling of the Bauer as well as the warrior having the dagger taper and true 1 construction which imho give it one of the best puck feels out of any stick I have ever tried, the only stick better was the warrior widow which was this sticks predecessor and even that was marginal.

One of the goals of the covert lineup was to beef up the stick and make it really "hockey proof." My widows both broke very fast and I am not a stick breaker. My dt1 on the other hand has been through a year plus of both ice and roller hockey playing center and battling in front of the net and its non worse for wear. The shaft has paint chips from hackers but nothing structural and the toe only has minor chipping at best. I'll also say after games if there is any excessive fraying I do take care of it bc applying thin super glue to the toe so it doesn't keep fraying as easily and to seal off any water getting in, I do this with all my stick btw but the others never held up this long. Also imho it still shoots like day 1, which is something only my apx did with it's new epoxy after a year of use.

Warrior flexes arnt whippy but they are easy to flex and let the stick do the work for you where my bauers always wanted you to lean into them. At the same time a low flex stick usually feels stiffer than a mid flex one so keep that in mind. I wouldn't get anything way different from the flex you're using now. If your one95 is say an 87 flex and it is uncut but has a 3" plug in it for your height the feeling of the flex will be lower than the sticks rated flex. If you have an 85 flex dt1 and you don't need a plug bc of the extra length it still plays like their 85.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the write ups, folks. Mack- I look forward to your feedback for sure.

I've used both the DT1ST and NXG. Currently I'm using the NXG. I feel like the NXG is just better balanced, not too noticeable during a game but if you're out during a sticktime I think you can definitely feel the difference. Also the flex profile of the NXG matches up more to the one95 I think, the DT1ST is lower, not super low though. The DT1ST is a really good stick though, probably a bit better feel for the puck than the NXG in my opinion. They're really pretty close, the deciding factor for me was the flex profile.

Tried both current top of the line sticks by Bauer and the DT1 still offers better puck feeling. Also the quick release I get from it is unique.