Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A2rhino

Salvage my helmet?

I just tried to unscrew my helmet to remove my visor. One side came off very simply. The other however not so much. The screw and the post on the inside are both spinning. Any viable suggestions?

Judging by your post count, I'm not telling you anything you don't know, but in case someone else finds this thread - My posts were spinning on my helmet, so I had to remove some of the helmet's padding so I could get a flathead screwdriver on the back of them. They are built with a screw head on their back sides.

CCM V08.

There is no flat head on the back side post of the helmet. I've pulled away a good amount of the padding to see.

I should add that it is not a retail helmet. Came from the Coyotes locker room.

I had the same issue with a pro stock V08 a couple of years ago. Had to pull the lining out until I could access to the back of the screw holder then dremeled a slot in it (the screw was just short enough for this to work). Otherwise I would have considered drilling the screw head off then pulling then pulling the screw holder out and using a reverse thread to wind the screw out or just replace the post.

Cutting away at the surrounding plastic until I could get some pliers or vice grips on it was considered but it's not a good option.