Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

marka

CCM PG Tacks SMU vs Tacks 7092 Girdles

Howdy,

Anyone know what the differences are between the Pure exclusive Tacks SMU girdle and the 7092 girdle?

Obviously the SMU one doesn't come with a shell.  Is there anything else?

Mark

2 hours ago, JR Boucicaut said:

It's a shell-less 7092.  That's it.

Simple, but I like it.

We have a 7092 and a Super Tacks girdle and don't use the shell from either. Would have liked to be able to save a few dollars there.

Funny because I asked them the same thing - twice - with piss-poor replies on the product page. Ended up having a great dude from Pure shoot me an email with a detailed description and an apology for the responses :) 

And yeah, just a shell-less 7092. lol. 

this girdle is based off the 7092 pant. This means the pant comes with a D30 enforced floating spine protector and hip joint padding. Throughout the pant you will find PE inserts along with mid density foams in the thigh area. All that carries over from the 7092 but simply does not have the shell. We have had requests for more girdle options and CCM made this option available to us. Again, tech and spec wise, think of this like the 7092 minus the shell along with the benefits of the fit customization that comes with a girdle.

2 hours ago, colins said:

Simple, but I like it.

We have a 7092 and a Super Tacks girdle and don't use the shell from either. Would have liked to be able to save a few dollars there.

Works out well. I have two pairs of the girdles now and probably won’t have to buy too many shells thanks to WF/SJ skates. It’s good to have the option to just get extra girdles and use existing shells.