Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
2ndRoundExit

Pro Sock Hockey Pant Advice - CCM HP30/Vapor/Nexus

Recommended Posts

Hey Guys, 

This is my first post here, so please let me know if anything I've written can be found elsewhere. 

I was looking for a pro stock pair of hockey pants, but i dont have the ability to try them on, so i am relying on your guys advice for sizing and which model. I am searching for a tapered fit pant, but i am always running into sizing issues. I am 6'1 and 175 with a 32 waist. The problem I am always running into is length with adequate sizing at the waist. I know that they make extensions, but what i have noticed with the extensions is that it drops the entirety of the pants and it feels like it does quite fit right on the hips. I tried out a pair of X900 Medium with the 1 inch extension, but the interlock waist system felt so awkward. I am currently in a pair of CCM QLT Large, but they feel big all over except for length. 

What pro stock pants would you guys recommend? I have have been looking at nexus (i know that they have a wider fit, but i saw they made a "tall" version), vapor pants, warrior covert or hustler, hp30, hp45, hp UCLX. Would you recommend a Medium with +1 (does the +1 mean the legs are extednded or you can drop an inch at the waist) or maybe Large?

I am not too familiar with the different model numbers with CCM and the HPs. 

I was thinking about these: https://sidelineswap.com/gear/hockey/pants/314705-bauer-dallas-stars-pro-stock-vapor-pant

Thanks in advance!

Edited by 2ndRoundExit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had similar issues like you, I'm currently 6'2" 190lbs with a 33/34 waist. I had APX2 pants in a large and they were good in length and volume but the waist was too large and sloppy, and I hate that bike helmet clip that bauer uses on their pants. CCM tack model pants fit a bit better with the zipper extension in a Large but the waist was still too large for me, and if you're a 32" it's going to be a lot too big for you. My next move was to warrior covert pro stock in medium +1 which gives me the right waist measurement and the right length in the same package. The internal belt is garbage, but I don't notice it at all when I'm playing just as I'm getting ready I notice it could have been executed better in my opinion. The warrior pants seem to be the same weight of the APX2 pants and lighter than the Tacks pants but that's based on feel not actual measurements. Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, cougarscaptain87 said:

I had similar issues like you, I'm currently 6'2" 190lbs with a 33/34 waist. I had APX2 pants in a large and they were good in length and volume but the waist was too large and sloppy, and I hate that bike helmet clip that bauer uses on their pants. CCM tack model pants fit a bit better with the zipper extension in a Large but the waist was still too large for me, and if you're a 32" it's going to be a lot too big for you. My next move was to warrior covert pro stock in medium +1 which gives me the right waist measurement and the right length in the same package. The internal belt is garbage, but I don't notice it at all when I'm playing just as I'm getting ready I notice it could have been executed better in my opinion. The warrior pants seem to be the same weight of the APX2 pants and lighter than the Tacks pants but that's based on feel not actual measurements. Good luck!

Were your Apx2 pants Pro Stocks? I am begging to think that the pro-stock waist might fit differently. I was doing some more research and found out some more info on what size the pros were wearing in my similar height and weight. For Example these Stamkos vapor pants http://www.gamewornauctions.net/products/Steven_Stamkos_Tampa_Bay_Lightning_Game_Worn_Pants_2015_16_2016_17_Photo_Match-13873-279.html  are a L+1 and i really like the longer and tapered fit of his pants. I was also doing more research and finding that guys on the caps like Bowey, Burkaovsky, and Chaison wear a large in the HP45 Pants. So i am thinking maybe my tru pro stock size is a Large

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd recommend that you just go retail. They will be cheaper, provide plenty of protection, and you can try them on at your local hockey shop. For the most part, unless you're playing pro, most pro stock pants are more pant than the average Joe will ever need.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, chippa13 said:

I'd recommend that you just go retail. They will be cheaper, provide plenty of protection, and you can try them on at your local hockey shop. For the most part, unless you're playing pro, most pro stock pants are more pant than the average Joe will ever need.

Hey, thanks for the comment. I was trying to avoid retail because of the fit of retail pants. Im always between sizes. Larges are too big and mediums are too short. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like a medium +1 in the vapor would work for you.  

HP45's run small.  I have a pair that are XL +1; for reference I am 6'2" and 200 lbs.  HP45's also don't offer any more protection than the retail version.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Giraffe14 said:

Sounds like a medium +1 in the vapor would work for you.  

HP45's run small.  I have a pair that are XL +1; for reference I am 6'2" and 200 lbs.  HP45's also don't offer any more protection than the retail version.   

Thanks for the help!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got a pair of Bauer Nexus Pro Stock Dallas Stars pants in large & +1 length (they say Eric Cole in them too) & they are a bit big on me, but I don't mind it at all.  I'm 6'2", 225 lbs with a 36 in. waist so I would guess even in the tapered Vapor design that the larges would run a bit big for you.  In retail I wore a Bauer Supreme medium tall & they fit well too - both length & waist size.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update: I found a pair of Bauer x60/apx L+1 Calgary Flames Pants. They are a tad big in the waist, the length is pretty good. (I got the plus one because i like to wear my pants high on my waist). What I do notice though is that it seems that my shoulder pads and the waist meet don't sit well together. The pants almost force the shoulders to raise up. I was thinking that may suspenders might help this? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×