Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Kgbeast

Looks like there might be some movement with Panarin

Reading that breadman has Islangers on his list. Lots of BS is surrounding Panaring and Jackets future together, but this one makes sense. I think bread is in the state when I would not be too surprised if he'd accept a place near probably the largest Russian community in USA. Not going to be surprised him factoring in availabilities of Russian churches, Language, and food. I also wondering if Bob would be open to going that way also. Them two been conspiring together all summer, who knows what they pulling. If Islanders can swing Panarin + Bobrovsky package, John Tavares lose would seem like a blesding. With $30 mil in cap space they are probably the only club in NHL that can swing this deal. End now they do need a play  maker and an elite goalie more than  ever. Isles farm is ranked top 5, so maybe this is not as crazy as it might appear and Jarmo might be open to some kind of a deal. Isles + these two dudes healthy, pretty much guarantees making playoffs. IMHO of course...

• Like 1

Funny you bring this up. For the last 3 weeks, our group has gotten bumped off the nice new ice sheet and relegated to the old sheet at our rink here in Clearwater (Tampa).  The reason being: Kucherov, Vasilevski , and Panarin rented it for more $$$$. Apparently, Kuch is trying to sell him on coming to Tampa (says Kuch on his FB page), skating everyday and then going to the beach. Just yesterday, I was watching them run through some shooting drills. Kuch and Vas in team issue Lightning stuff, Panarin in his Team Russia WC uni. Supposedly, Panarin says he is out of Columbus the second his contract is up.

Ha, Panarin to Tampa would be a good career move. Tampa should go deep again into the playoffs, with a good chance of winning it, with their lineup this year (and no, I'm not a Tampa fan).

Tampa looks fully stacket and probably have no cap left even if he takes the same pay. If they sent somebody like Point in return, maybe, but it would be strange for Tampa to consider something like that. They can win cup without Panarin, it'll just things more more convoluted.  I'd say Panthers are only real way for Panaring to get to the beach scene. They are strong team with playoffs future and could use him to improve that. Empty seats are downside, but we have seeing how dynamic and exciting to watch hockey club can turn that around... Panarin certainly can add to exciting part. Panthers also on the casp of having a great season and is one of two or three team that might splurge on a couple of top picks to solidify that. Their goalie situation could use update as well. 

Their fans aren’t going to be happy when they’re out in the first round again, if they even make it at all, and gave up so much for a run that never happens.

On 3/4/2019 at 9:01 AM, chippa13 said:

As talented as Panarin is, if I were a GM I wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole.

I agree. I think CBJ experienced a pretty nice bump popularity and fanbase expansion just because of this guy. Winning games is obviously the goal, but selling merch, tickets, and ad-spots is just as important to the organization. Good choice by Jarmo to ride this a long as possible, then who knows he might stay... He became the man in that team for one reason or the other. I am not really digging CBJ getting Duchene and Dzingel though, seems excessive. I'd rather keep Abramov, he can be a total weapon one day.