Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
ParabolicActivity

A couple if questions about Ribcor sticks.

Do prostock Ribcors without the weird shaft geometry perform the same as sticks with the indent or whatever you would call it? Also, are these truly low kick sticks like Vapors or QRLs? I see a lot of defensemen using them and an IW review mentions a second soft spot in the flex up towards the top of the stick.

If they don’t have the indent, they aren’t a real Ribcor. They’re just painted to look like one. Which is pretty common with pro-stock stuff. They refer to it as “dressed as”. Hard to say how that build performs in relation to a retail stick.

2 hours ago, ParabolicActivity said:

Do prostock Ribcors without the weird shaft geometry perform the same as sticks with the indent or whatever you would call it? Also, are these truly low kick sticks like Vapors or QRLs? I see a lot of defensemen using them and an IW review mentions a second soft spot in the flex up towards the top of the stick.

I used to play with a Bergeron Reebok Ribcor. Had (RI) on the sticker, no ribs but still was a low kickpoint stick. Played more like standard low kick (think Tacks LK sticks) than a true Ribcor.

• Like 1

The retail Ribcors are lowkick sticks similar to Vapors and QRLs, BUT, each stick has its own characteristics that make it feel unique. For example, I find Warrior sticks in general load up easier, and I can really feel the slingshot effect. With my Trigger 2, I don't get the same feel when I shoot. I think the reason is that the kick point on the QRL line's is lower than the Ribcor line.

I find the secondary soft spot in the handle allows me to more easily bow the stick. I find it doesn't really affect where the stick is kicking though. I have an older generation ribcor. It kicks similar to my Trigger 2, but that soft spot near the handle does change the feel of when I'm shooting. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, ParabolicActivity said:

So none of the pro stock Ribcor sticks on like IW that say outright that they are Ribcor but without the shaft geometry, are actually Ribcors?

Call or email and ask. I'm sure they are better than a lot of sites that just claim a stick is what they are dressed as.

1 hour ago, ParabolicActivity said:

So none of the pro stock Ribcor sticks on like IW that say outright that they are Ribcor but without the shaft geometry, are actually Ribcors?

If it doesn't have the rib at the bottom, it's just a low kick stick. It's not a true Ribcor. 

11 hours ago, Nicholas G said:

If it doesn't have the rib at the bottom, it's just a low kick stick. It's not a true Ribcor. 

not entirely true, you can get internal Ribcore construction, or at least you could in the past. Same build, no visible ribs on the lower portion.

4 hours ago, adam14 said:

not entirely true, you can get internal Ribcore construction, or at least you could in the past. Same build, no visible ribs on the lower portion.

Not anymore, from what I understand.