Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kovalchuk71

Blade material help

For a school project for woodshop, I have decieded to make a wooden blade.....Does anyone know what wood would (lol) be approiate for making one and if I could get it at a Lowes or Home depot? Thanks

They haven't used aspen in years since some kind of disease wiped out a bunch of those trees. Almost all wood blades now are some form of flame hardened ash.

Just so you know when you're building your blade, they aren't made of a single solid piece of wood but several overlapping pieces.

Would I just epoxy the pieces together or glue them?

wood glue and fiberglass wrap

The most important part is the way the pieces are fit together.

How about instead of asking us a million questions you just get in touch with a manufacturer and ask them to spell out the process for you?

How about instead of asking us a million questions you just get in touch with a manufacturer and ask them to spell out the process for you?

Just keep asking questions. I find this interesting and want to do this in woodshop too, the more details you guys say, the better it will turn out.

whatever you do dont ask the hockey company for any help every time i email them i get the same reponse and it has nothing to do with what i asked

why wouldnt canadian maple work thats what skateboards are made out of and it is a really strong wood

Wow, easton helped me out a lot....What a Surprise ;)

Christian has helped me though....I really appreciate them helping

Here's Eastons reply to me:

"Dear Chris,

Our engineers have informed me that they do not provide data on our products, as the information is proprietary and subject to our confidentiality agreements. Their recommendation is to research "Physics of Hockey sticks" in the advanced search of a reliable Internet search engine, or at your local library."

Good luck on your project.

Consumer Relations Coordinator

If you have a broken stick (wood), you can heat off the fibreglass wrap from the blade and chisel the blade apart to see how it's made.

The hosel attachment is usually just a slot-and-tenon joint.

Christian was nice enough to send me a blade that hadn't been finished yet....They were the only ones to help me out and I really appreciate it :)

Christian was nice enough to send me a blade that hadn't been finished yet....They were the only ones to help me out and I really appreciate it :)

Everyone from the company that I have talked to has very very nice.

On a related note, they finally got their goalie and player stick custom forms done and on the website.