Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aussie Joe

How many of you wear base layers for Roller?

Just wondering If any of you wear base layers in Roller? Playing winter season as usual and although it never gets below about 10 deg. C on the rink I'm nevertheless thinking of getting the new Nike base layer shirt for a little bit extra warmth.....

http://store1.yimg.com/I/hockeymonkey_1843_3585314

Suggestions? Thoughts?

PS: That manequin is easliy gonna fill out that shirt better than me! ;)

i don't wear that one but i always have some kinda of dri-fit on during play. keeps me dry and the sweet has to go somewhere... better on your dri-fit then on your gear.

I have always gone completely naked, but wore an Underarmour shirt last week and loved it. I also tried some cotton pants as well to help with the tape on skin issue, but think I'll go with only the underarmour tonight.

I use under armour or my reebok play dry shirt........ both are excellent in keeping ya nice and cool, in an otherwise (usually) hot humid environment.

I went with a cotton T-shirt for years until recently. I originally decided to try UnderArmour base layers because I hated wearing a soaking wet T-shirt during tournaments where I keep my equipment on for hours. I tried the UnderArmour tight fitting stuff but just couldn't get used to it. I decided to go with Loose Fit and that worked out great. Long sleeve in winter and short sleeve in summer (My inline rink gets quite a bit chilly during the winter and very hot during the summer.) Also use compression shorts (not so much for the sweat transfer but more for keeping the cup secure...)

How are all these base layer products lasting for you guys? How many washes have you put them all through? I've heard these shirts only last a couple washes before they lose their effect. I don't want to shell out $40 for a brand new Under Armor shirt every couple of weeks.

Ive had the nike dri-fit for a whole season, and Ive never washed it. And to be honest, it doesnt smell at all, even my mom says so. I guess im a freak :D , haha. I use it for roller and ice, works great.

haha :lol: i think you should wash it.. i know my dry-fit stuff doesn't smell after games but still you really should waste it. who knows whats been growning in the shirt now.. i've had some of my dry-fit shirts for years now, not the hockey one though just the normal nikey t-shirt kind and they still work like a charm.

Had a UA cold gear long sleve for base layer for over a year 3 washes per week. Use UA sliding shorts with hip pads for 6 months also at 3 wash per week. UA sleevless heat gear the same. UA stuff lasts, has no holes, nor has faded.

I've had a basic Nike Dri Fit short sleeve t since '96 along with a long sleeve and a micro fleece and all are still in great condition..

i use the short sleeve when playing roller and ice and it still appears to be doing its job well...i wash it after almost every time i skate...

Additionally i have some WSI Wikmax stuff that does well..its LS and is more for a cold ice rink..but has held up the past year that I've owned it..

i use underarmor leggings AND top for both ice and roller.. i HATE the feeling of my equipment on me esp after i start to sweat..

How are all these base layer products lasting for you guys? How many washes have you put them all through? I've heard these shirts only last a couple washes before they lose their effect. I don't want to shell out $40 for a brand new Under Armor shirt every couple of weeks.

I've had some UA heat gear for about 2.5 years now and it doesn't work as well as when new but its held up pretty good over that time.