Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Drewhunz

Bright Eyes: American Idiots

Did anyone watch "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" on Monday night? Their musical guest was absolutely terrible and inappropriate. They had a no talent ass clown on called Bright Eyes. This cocksucker had the balls to sing a factually incorrect protest song on top of the fact that he can't play the guitar for shit. Sorry about my language, but I missed it and had it Tivo'd. Just finished watching it. After hearing this absolute filth, I actually hate someone more than the French. And to all you anti-war dumbshits, if you are going to sing an anti-war song 1. Learn how to sing. 2. Learn how to play the guitar. 3. LEARN ABOUT FOREIGN POLICY AND TO WHAT THE WAR IS ABOUT BEFORE YOU SPREAD YOUR SHIT ON THE AIRWAVES! From now on, fuck Bright Eyes and boycott Jay Leno until he issues an apology for broadcasting this type of crap. :angry:

Oberst's always been a moody little shit. This is the guy who played a concert in Texas and said "I'd rather put a bullet thru my head than live in your state." I'm surprised he made it out of there.

Sorry, did one of you guys lose a "W" and "Gun control means using both hands" bumper sticker? Pick them up at the lost & found. Thanks.

Sorry, did one of you guys lose a "W" and "Gun control means using both hands" bumper sticker? Pick them up at the lost & found. Thanks.

No, actually my W sticker is next to my NRA life member sticker. These are on my pickup truck next to my Hunting conservation licence plate. By the way, what's next to your gay pride bumper sticker on your Prius.... or was it an insight?

"ther terk err jerbs!"

god damn, nationalist rednecks suck. stop crying because a band sang an anti-war song. "learn what this war is really about!" oil? nevermind, let's not get some argument started. nevermind, please do.

"ther terk err jerbs!"

god damn, nationalist rednecks suck. stop crying because a band sang an anti-war song. "learn what this war is really about!" oil? nevermind, let's not get some argument started. nevermind, please do.

Actually, I was born in Montreux,Switzerland. I recieved my US citizenship 09/07/2001. Therefore, I became a citizen of this country at just the right time for this to be my business. The war didn't start over oil, it started over terrorists. About the war being over oil, next time I go back to Switzerland I'll bring you along to see what it's like to pay around $7.00 a gallon. We've got it better than everyone in the world, and it's people like you and Bright Eyes who can't realize that we are trying to do things for the common good. By the way, did you even bother to vote, or were you looking for more Patchouli oil?

gahhhhhh are we talking about iraq? terrorists and WMDs right?

i'll take your word for it. no i didn't vote-- i'm just another disrespectful 16 year old that listens to bright eyes and supports jay leno in his political stands (...)

by the way, i don't doubt gas is that expensive in switzerland, but you gotta take into account the different taxes there, and the US-Switz dollar comparison.

"ther terk err jerbs!"

Actually, I was born in Montreux,Switzerland. I recieved my US citizenship 09/07/2001. Therefore, I became a citizen of this country at just the right time for this to be my business. The war didn't start over oil, it started over terrorists. About the war being over oil, next time I go back to Switzerland I'll bring you along to see what it's like to pay around $7.00 a gallon. We've got it better than everyone in the world, and it's people like you and Bright Eyes who can't realize that we are trying to do things for the common good. By the way, did you even bother to vote, or were you looking for more Patchouli oil?

Of course it wasnt about oil, just like world war 1 wasnt about money and the US's 'commerical interest'?

Of course it wasnt about oil, just like world war 1 wasnt about money and the US's 'commerical interest'?

actually, a military advisor to the white house came to my school and gave a speech regarding america's foreign policy. he demonstrated clearly that america did not fight the war for oil, since iraq is now deep in debt, and it's oil pumping infrastructure has been heavily damage, and would take 20 years until it starts making profit on oil again. he also said that the government is now being more emperialistic and invaded iraq for the purpose of building an empire. his name was sunil ram. everything he said made a lot of sense at the time, i've probably forgotten some important detail if it sounds like i'm just making stuff up.

actually, a military advisor to the white house came to my school and gave a speech regarding america's foreign policy. he demonstrated clearly that america did not fight the war for oil, since iraq is now deep in debt, and it's oil pumping infrastructure has been heavily damage, and would take 20 years until it starts making profit on oil again. he also said that the government is now being more emperialistic and invaded iraq for the purpose of building an empire. his name was sunil ram. everything he said made a lot of sense at the time, i've probably forgotten some important detail if it sounds like i'm just making stuff up.

I don't believe an American military advisor said the US was trying to build an empire.

pretty sure a US military advisor wouldn't say the war was over oil.

military = bush support <--generalization

Hey Steve, I agree with you on this one. Let's leave it at that and move on. BTW, if you call me a redneck am I not supposed to call you queer?

Its got to be a rough job being the president. Especially when over half the popular vote goes to you. This means that over half the country that could vote, voted for you. In Bushes case one half one the county likes him while the other half hates him. There does not seem to be any middle ground. He was elected based on who he is. Which pleases one half while pissing off the other half for being religious publicly. I honestly think that is why the majority dont like him. They dont like him because he is publicly religious. I personally admire that fact. I think it shows he has balls. It shows he is not afraid to express his faith to the nation. He is not afraid to be ridiculed and made fun of for his beliefs. I think that most people wouldnt have the balls to do that, inclulding myself. Personally i like Bush and i support the war in Iraq, though i am more than ready for it to be over. If you dont like the country and what it stands for then you dont have to stay here. Nobody is forcing you to.

Its got to be a rough job being the president. Especially when over half the popular vote goes to you. This means that over half the country that could vote, voted for you. In Bushes case one half one the county likes him while the other half hates him. There does not seem to be any middle ground. He was elected based on who he is. Which pleases one half while pissing off the other half for being religious publicly. I honestly think that is why the majority dont like him. They dont like him because he is publicly religious. I personally admire that fact. I think it shows he has balls. It shows he is not afraid to express his faith to the nation. He is not afraid to be ridiculed and made fun of for his beliefs. I think that most people wouldnt have the balls to do that, inclulding myself. Personally i like Bush and i support the war in Iraq, though i am more than ready for it to be over. If you dont like the country and what it stands for then you dont have to stay here. Nobody is forcing you to.

They could always move to Canada- but I don't think they'd want the Pinko's either.

Way to be manipulated! Of course the government isn't going to say Iraq was about oil, but if we look at our current urban sprawl, that depends TOTALLY depends on oil, it makes extremely logical sense. The production of oil is a bell curve, with the first part of it being able to produce cheap, high quality easy to extract oil, but once the apex of this curve is reached oil is more expensive of lesser quality and harder to extract. Scientist suggest were about at the apex now, however it will only become more evident 5-10 years down the road. American needed to gain a strangle hold on the last reaming cheap oil in order to keep it's self procmailed, "American Dream" alive.

Go watch the End of Suburbia and tell me Iraq wasn't about oil.

military = bush support      <--generalization

Hey Steve, I agree with you on this one. Let's leave it at that and move on. BTW, if you call me a redneck am I not supposed to call you queer?

Well you could come up with a less redneck response...

And Chris, iraq was not all about oil.

You can't say that the war didnt have anything to do with oil. I mean it wasnt entirely oil, but that was a big part of it.

military = bush support <--generalization

Given this administration's disdain for anyone who doesn't agree with or support their positions, He wouldn't be an advisor for long. Not to mention a current military officer could be charged with treason for saying those things.