Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Jackal3688@hotmail.com

Nike V12s? or Easton Z-Air Comp SE?

Guest Jackal3688@hotmail.com

Hey everyone,

I'm looking into a new pair of skates, and I was wondering what your thoughts and opinions are on the Nike V12 skates and the Easton Z-Air Comp SE's? Which ones should I get? I can find them both around the same reasonable pricerange, and if you could help me out, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks alot

They fit very differently, you should see what skate fits your foot better. If you get the Eastons, I'd also consider replacing the holder too.

Take some time and consider what type of skate you want. From posts that I have read in the past I have learned that Easton skates seem to be way too stiff. From first hand knowledge, I also know that the Easton blades are not as reliable as the Tuuk Lightspeeds.

The V-12s are a pretty flexible and comfortable boot. They are a little heavier than the Vapor XXs, but are also a little more forgiving.

I would definitely recommend trying out the Nike V-12s. I have had my V-12s for about 3/4 of a year now and they are doing just fine in the durability department. If I get another 1/2 a year out of them then I will be happy.

Guest phillyfan

I've seen 2 pairs of V-12's wear down way too fast, especially for the price. The first time they were worn by some companions of mine, they found them quite comfortable and molded to their feet well, but ditched them after a few weeks when the stiffness started to go, and the outer layer was torn to almost nothing.

I used V-12's all regular season. They provided great protection and comfort but were not the most durable. If you can find some that fit you well, I'd definately take the v-12.

Like ljack said, it all comes down to fit and comfort. Personally I would rather wear skates that are heavier and more comfortable. I love to see it when guys in old Bauer Supreme Customs blow by guys in Vapor XX's. It just goes to show that it is all you and your skills.

im gonna have to disagree...i think the v-12's will break down too fast...kinda unfortunate becuase it is a really comfortable skate but the eastons arent bad if u dont mind the weight. I would definitly change the holder over to a TUUK Custom+ though...i dont really trust something they "designed to bend" because in my pro shop weve replaced tons of them...definitly check out the eastons...they fit well too...but like everyone else said....its gotta feel good on yr foot...try both...dont be shy to walk around in them for a while

Even though were comparing oranges to apples, you would get better performance out of a timberland boot with a tuuk attached to it than an easton skate, and the v12s were way to soft for my liking.