Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eazy_b97

Graf 709 Great Whites

Which scheme do you prefer?  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hey, I know there's been a few of these topics, and I searched through all of them, but still have a few more questions. It seems most NHLers don't wear 709 GW's so if anyone has a picture please fire them up. I have a few things in mind for what I am going to get on my custom 709s. The 609s have been te best fitting skate I've ever worn, and from what I've seen they fit the same as the 709s, is this correct? I am getting LS2 holders on these, so please no holder comments. What are the custom options, other than colour? I know sizing, lined toe cap

perf tongue, white toe cap (2nd pic), plastic outsole (would this affect the white)? Would these be made by Graf Canada, or could these be "Swiss Grafs", if specified? I know where I am getting these, and who I am getting them from so I don't need suggestions on that. Basically just colour opinions, and addition custom options that are available.

Eazy's crappy 3am Drawing

If other members have pictures of NHLers (or any hockey players for that matter) in 709 GW skates, please post a link so I can see. I've done my own version of the "Black Widow" skates as well, so this is kind've the opposite of the spectrum for me and I'm very excited. I may fire some Flexlite 12's on to compare fit, but basically my heart is set on these.

Lined toe cap is now standard. You G9 has now been introduced, so that might open up some options. Custom tongue legnth, and custom embroidery are also available.

Lined toe cap is now standard. You G9 has now been introduced, so that might open up some options. Custom tongue legnth, and custom embroidery are also available.

actually its not standard its still a custom option

eazy,how much are you paying for your great whites

I'm not completely sure yet. There's a few guys on the board who've had it done. Try and search a little bit to find your answer or PM the guys who actually have their skates. It was answered in another thread you started and you can always call your LHS and ask.

PS - Talbots skates are just the Gary Robert/D3nZ model, minus the T'blades.

When I ordered my custom G3's, it was $100.00 for the custom order charge, as well as $20.00 for the embroidery. I wanted to get the white leather, but was advised that this would cost quite a bit more and that the white leather wasn't as durable. The leather being less durable sounded like a load of BS, but I would guess the white leather would be in the 25-75 dollar range.

If you'd like a pic of my Great White 735's, PM me. White leather is now $120 at my LHS, ridiculous but I got mine for retail cost due to them still being in stock. BS the white leather is less durable, just because it's hot doesn't mean that it = Vapor XX's.

Ok, so it may be a really rough drawing, but still, you gets the idea. simular to your drawing though eazy.

acgraf709supra75rtbladeaaaa8pa.jpg

I cant find a picture but get some reverse great whites... Anybody have a picture, I couldnt find one?

A couple of my friends have them, I'll try to get a pic.

that is the ugliest skate ever made!

It's what I'm going for ;)

You could go for the white lightnings if you're going for ugly.

I cant find a picture but get some reverse great whites... Anybody have a picture, I couldnt find one?

Are you looking for 709 Reverse? Or just Reverse GW in general? I searched custom and found one of Kovy's post (from a thread a while ago) where he threw up some Reverse vs. normal GW skates. I'm guessing that the real ones are just normal GW and my drawing/tracing is the Reverse. I like the reverse, but the white toe cap scares me a bit. And I'm not going for "ugly"... just something a little unique :) I think the Lightnings may be a little too unique.

Although not a fan of white skates, what you have planned looks nice. I'd definitely stay away from the white toecap. I liked my G35’s, but wouldn’t personally consider buying another pair until they come out with a liner that doesn't soak up water like a sponge.

Although not a fan of white skates, what you have planned looks nice. I'd definitely stay away from the white toecap. I liked my G35’s, but wouldn’t personally consider buying another pair until they come out with a liner that doesn't soak up water like a sponge.

this years G-series liner is fixed. before it was like a one way door this time its like a 2 way door so whatever moisture is caught in the linger can escape

Got fitted today. Went with a Gary Roberts type Graf 709 design, with teclite and a few other extras. I'll let everyone see'em once they are done and ready to go. LS2 holders as well.

You will like them very much I am sure. Yes they are expensive skates but they will last you a long time if you take good care of them. Spray them with waterproof coting a couple of days before putting them on for the first skate, that will help and always take your soles out after every skate to air them out and to keep out the rust from the rivets. But you've made a good choice.