Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EndBoards

'Heavy Duty' OPS's

I got a catalog the other day, and I noticed a new class of OPS's .. Bauer has one called the "VI Stick Um" or something like that.. Easton had one but I don't remember the name..

Basically, these are being marketed as being more durable and lower priced than the top of the line sticks - with the obvious tradeoff being some extra weight..

My question is whether these are actually more durable than the high-end sticks, and - obviously excluding the weight factor - if they perform the same (flex, kick point, etc)..

I just play beer league, so spending $150 on a stick is ridiculous. At the same time though, I really noticed a difference in my shot when I tried a buddy's Synergy. I like the improvement in my shot that a OPS gives (presumably from the better flex and kickpoint) but I don't like the cost or lack of durability that comes along with it.. These sticks seem like they might be a good compromise..

A lot of people I talk to say that they like the VI better than the XX. There isn't much weight difference between the two, and I don't think it is that noticeable either. The Easton stick you saw most likely is The One. I saw one of those in my LHS last time I was in there and I really liked it, for a price point OPS it had very good feel, but I do not know how it performs

My friend had a vector 110 and really liked it, it lasted him a few seasons till he upgraded

Vector 110's are also down at $89.99 at a lot of places if you look around. My friend had one and he loved it until some kid fell on it and it broke

Most durable OPS I've seen so far is the Christian OPS and it's well under $150.

We've had about a 2% to 2.5% breakage rate worldwide during our 30-day warranty for our G1. That's our top end stick, so I don't think one has to necessarily sacrifice performance for durability.

Does Samling suply to the UK at all if so do you know of any stores?

Panther,

The closest I see on their website is France. I'd suggest you go to their website,Salming Sweden, and click on the Contact Us link. I know I sent them a couple of contacts I met at the Vegas tradeshow who were actually from the U.K., so it's possible they started carrying the product, yet the website isn't current.

At the very least, they should be able to put you into contact with someone who could ship to you at a reasonable price.

Jason

A lot of people I talk to say that they like the VI better than the XX.

I found that the vapor VI is a tank compared to the vapor XX, first of all the the VI is way cheaper and has so much better feel than the XX. The Vapor VI lasted alot longer than my XX,and it is still going strong,I sold it to my friend in January and as far as I know of there is not one chip in the blade and the stick looks practically brand new still.But he dicided to use it for street hockey, so if not for that it is one of the most durable one-piece sticks that ive ever seen.

does the inno 1100 fused ops have the same chacrtheristics as the shaft? the shaft is an absoulte tank the seems industructable.

does the inno 1100 fused ops have the same chacrtheristics as the shaft? the shaft is an absoulte tank the seems industructable.

Yes and not only that the blade is a tank as well.

A lot of guys, myself included, have issues with Inno shafts twisting on slappers.