Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ELIASISDGOD

Best Hockey Line

What do you guys think was the best line ever? My personal fav was the nordiqes early 90s line of sakic nolan and foreberg

That line is similar to the line that really got hot and destroyed everyone in my hockey pool.

I liked the

Elias, Arnott and Sykora line. They played great together but individually ...ok but nothing to write home about.

What do you guys think was the best line ever? My personal fav was the nordiqes early 90s line of sakic nolan and foreberg

that was a pretty crazy lineup...used to love playing as Nordiques in NHLPA 94/95

yea as a devils fan i was a little disappointed when sykora left

You do know that Arnott left first, right?

As a Devils fan I, too, am going to have to go with the 'A' Line.

Espo, Hodge, Cashman.

The B's had the top four scorers that season and, I think, six of the top eight. Then they ran into Dryden in the quarterfinals and the onslaught came to an unceremonious end. :o

I really liked Allison-Palffy-Deadmarsh

If they werent all the biggest band-aids ever they could have done some serious damage.

And that coming from a Habs fan..

Kurri

Gretzky

(insert anyone here)

--- That had the makings for a good line!

My pick (and I'm not a Habs fan, really):

Guy Lafleur

Steve Shutt

Mario Tremblay

edit: had the wrong Tremblay name in there for a moment

Wasn't that the year they had something like 11 20-goal scorers.

No, I think the 11 20-goal scorers was around '78 or '79.

The team I was referring to was 1970-71. They had won the Cup the year before, courtesy of the picture to your left, and they won again the next year, but the best team was actually the one that lost to Dryden and the Canadiens. I'm going off my memory, but I think Espo, Orr, Cashman and Bucyk were the top four scorers, then Hodge and Sanderson were sixth and eighth.

Kinda reminds me of my team. ;) I checked the stats yesterday and we have eight of the top ten in assists, which is pretty impressive. The only problem is we're a tweener team -- we'd get crushed if we move up a level.

The French Connection on the Sabres was a great line: Rene Robert, Gilbert Perreault, Richard Martin

Also, I think Bryan Trottier and Mike Bossy were on a line together, but I can't remember who was the third guy. Was it Clark Gillies?

My favorite is Hejduk, Forbserg, Tanguay right now for the Avs.

Also a great line if Kariya and Selanne had decent years was Selanne, Sakic and Kariya but that didn't work out. :(

speaking of lines why isn't there good line names any more?

Because there really aren't many lines out there. Teams will take two guys with chemistry and insert random players rather than have one unit.

My favorite line.....

ME-my center-my RW :P

Seriously though Limuex and Gretzky with who was it (World Cup)??

Sniper94

FLY line ... Fleury Lindros York

It didn't last long but it was sweet. None of those guys were the same once they disbanded

That line is similar to the line that really got hot and destroyed everyone in my hockey pool.

I liked the

Elias, Arnott and Sykora line. They played great together but individually ...ok but nothing to write home about.

I don't think Elias gets any respect if this guy played on a team that wanted to score more then a goal a game he'd have a shot at the leading the league in scoring.

I liked the

I don't think Elias gets any respect if this guy played on a team that wanted to score more then a goal a game he'd have a shot at the leading the league in scoring.

o heck yes but the thing is that elias is also a really soild in the defensive zone just like the rest of the team so they really dont need him to score 50 goals they need him to play soild ofensive defense and come throught in the clutch a la langunbrunner