Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chadd

Trade Tracker

no, JR called into 610 WIP and talked as though he was traded, then a flyers representative quickly called in and denied that he had been moved - yet, because in all likelihood he will be the one to go.

Oilers have acquired Chris Pronger, more details to follow

http://tsn.ca/

funny side-note to this trade...

trade happens tuesday night around midnight STL time...

wednesday morning, Blues GM Larry Pleau goes into the Clayton Starbucks for some coffee...who's standing right in front of him? None other than Chris' wife, Lauren Pronger.

Here's a quote (Larry Pleau) from the paper:

"It was awkward, but she made it unawkward," Pleau said. "We looked at each other and she said, 'Wow.' I just said, 'I know you hate me.' She said, 'No, not at all.' She made me very comfortable. It was a moment I'm not going to forget, that's for sure."

"What are the odds of that?" Pronger, who was not at Starbucks, said later in the day.

Id doubt they would trade McCabe, I dont think Tucker either but thats more realitic that McCabe leaving. He's the only good D man the leafs got.

That'd be a terrible trade for TO. I can't imagine why they'd do it.

Salary is a wash, it probably started out as McCabe for Sykora and the other two were thrown in to even out the salary cap implications.

Latest rumours Stumpel to Flordia @ 2yrs/3.25 and that Redden is on the market to free up cap space. Anyone here were Redden could be headed? He be a nice fit for alot of teams.

Latest rumours Stumpel to Flordia @ 2yrs/3.25 and that Redden is on the market to free up cap space. Anyone here were Redden could be headed? He be a nice fit for alot of teams.

It was rumoured that the Canucks were talking to Baron and Simpson but with Simpson signing the Canucks needed a girtty d-man and I think McCarty is an execellent pick up.

He's got potential to be a good #3 or #4 d-man. The Hawks bounced him around for a couple years and that hurt his development. The fact they rarely develop their young players into good NHLers doesn't help.

Ya I'm not expecting him to be a top 2 d-man but if he can be a solid 3or4 d-man as you mentioned then it will be a good pickup. Also the Canucks just signed Josh Green - Although I'd be suprised if he makes the Canucks.

Simpson would be a good edition to the Canucks lineup. On the other side of things, I don't like Baron coming back here. He was stable when he was here before but maybe not a good fit this time around.