Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

forbs02

Tying Skates

I'd like to gather some opinions from the school of skate tying. I work in hockey retail and just about every other person that tries on skates wraps the laces around the ankle. I can see doing it in a low end skate or the skates of yore, but with current technologies I don't see how a lace is going to add more support to your V-12's or whatever. If anything I would think it would be detrimental to a skaters stride because they can't get a full forward flex in their skate. I'd like to hear what others have to say about it. Although this is my first post, I have been lurking on this board and reading it for sometime now so I'm not a complete newbie. :D

I agree that you don't need to do it. A lot of the guys here who do it wrap them around the base of the tendon guard, snapping the tendon guard after a couple games at most.

Wouldnt it work just to tie them tighter instead of wrapping em around?

I only know people who wrap there laces around the skate because they're to long. Why dont they just get smaller is what i say.

Good point. I have never thought about that. I guess i do it just out of habit from when i was younger. Next stick & puck ill try my skates without it.

i do it because my nike stock lace are too long...but i tried my skate without wrapping them and i do feel a bit better in forward flexion oh well it was just a matter of time before i buy some other lace...