Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ponty

Avs Today at Family Sports

So I go to play pick-up today and there I see a whole sh*t load of Avs players playing pickup on their own sheet of ice.

Sakic, May, Boughner, Tanguay, Turgeon, Konowalchuk, Laaksonen, Hinote, Svatos, Leschyshyn, and Liles

Yelle, and Rhino actually were in town and playing as well.

So I go to get dressed in my gear and hang outside of the glass where they were playing hoping beyond hope I could play ... then ... then ... then ... well I wound up playing with a bunch of old farts like myself :(

Pretty cool though ....

They didn't want you to show them up Ponty, we know the truth.

Well you know I just started to use an XN10 after about 6 plus months with wood so I was feeling pretty damn scary!

That would be pretty funny if some beer league guy just jumped on the ice and started playing. Yeah yeah yeah security all that stuff. But in a different world, an old school joke like that would carry conversations for a lifetime.

Here in Vancouver the Canucks had a charity auction where the winner could skate with the team at the end of one of thier practices. A company ended up paying big bucks to do so, but in view of the circumstances the Canucks actually played some shinney with a small group of guys from the company.

For about 10 minutes it was Canucks vs. company. After that, for about another 10 minutes it was mixed teams.

Now talk about a cool experience.

JJ

That would be pretty funny if some beer league guy just jumped on the ice and started playing. Yeah yeah yeah security all that stuff. But in a different world, an old school joke like that would carry conversations for a lifetime.

Here in Vancouver the Canucks had a charity auction where the winner could skate with the team at the end of one of thier practices. A company ended up paying big bucks to do so, but in view of the circumstances the Canucks actually played some shinney with a small group of guys from the company.

For about 10 minutes it was Canucks vs. company. After that, for about another 10 minutes it was mixed teams.

Now talk about a cool experience.

JJ

The extent of the security was some zamboni guy. I am convinced I could have taken him! :P

Last September, a few of those guys played in the regular drop-in at Foothills.

A guy on my side looked like he had probably been playing hockey for about a year. He wasn't walking on his skates but he wasn't fluid yet either. Anyway, Stephane Yelle started taking the puck out of the zone, when this kid picked him cleanly and was able to take it straight in on the goalie. The only problem is the goalie saved it, or else this guy would have had the story of his career. :lol:

Yesterday I got to skate with Mark Popovic, we ran through a couple of drills together, it was pretty awesome

Where was Popovic? Quad-pad Shinny? They had a player from St. Mikes last time I was there and a kid from Boston College (don't know him though)

Yesterday I got to skate with Mark Popovic, we ran through a couple of drills together, it was pretty awesome

Where was Popovic? Quad-pad Shinny? They had a player from St. Mikes last time I was there and a kid from Boston College (don't know him though)

yeah, it was at the quad-pad shinny, everyone left the ice at 2:40. the rest of the time was just him and I.

See, You should have came B)

Actually, my buddies were on a higer level team this summer at The Edge, and one of the guys had played with Konowalchuk before. So he tells Kono there's an opening on the team and gives the cell number for the captain.

Sure enough, Mark received a call, "Mark, this is Steve Konowalchuk....."

He ended up not playing, but I think that's funny!