Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

M-Cohen

Songs with storys..

Hey I was just listing to some music and came across R-Kelly Trapped in the closet One Through Five and I think it's a great story of how what you do wrong comes around full circle and bites you right in the @$$... If any of you have any of you have any songs with good storys in them i would love to hear about them.

The Wreck Of The Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot

Telegraph Road - Dire Straights

Miss American Pie - Don McLean

Gunner's Dream - Pink Floyd

Pinball Wizard - The Who

Last Kiss - Pearl Jam (remake)

Massacre - Thin Lizzy

Chance - Big Country

There are plenty more, but I classify these as stories because they follow a chronology of events. If you want songs that just have a good message, there are plenty more of those also.

The Gambler, Kenny Rogers

Patricia the Stripper, Chris de Burgh

Chris de Burgh also has another great story song about God playing poker with the Devil. It's pretty cool. Can't remember the name though.

JJ

while my guitar gently weeps

One of the best, if not the best Beatles song.

And one of Eric Clapton's best solos.

Wonderful tonight is another great "story song"

Layla is a clapton song, but it still does tell a story. Another band that isnt that good but they're whole album tells a story is My Chemical Romance. I also think The Doors - Tommy tells a story.

Layla is a clapton song, but it still does tell a story.  Another band that isnt that good but they're whole album tells a story is My Chemical Romance.  I also think The Doors - Tommy tells a story.

Okay, we're going to have to send you to The Sixties & Seventies 101! ;)

You're both correct, although Layla is technically a Derek and the Dominos song. Clapton created a band called Derek and the Dominos (I believe after Blind Faith). I'm not sure who all of the band members were, but he brought in Duane Allman for slide guitar on their one album, Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs.

I think you're referring to The Who's Tommy. There actually isn't a song called Tommy , it's a concept album about a deaf, dumb and blind boy who comes alive through pinball, then becomes a sensation, before being "overrun" by his fandom. Pinball Wizard was one of the songs.

we did a little project about this a few years ago one of the song i picked was summer of 69' by Brian Adams. I cant remeber the other song i picked for that project.

Ballad of Billy the Kid - Billy Joel

Scenes From an Italian Restaurant - Billy Joel

The whole album of American Idiot (for the Green Day fans, like me :) )

I know more but their names escape me.

Salming I knew it was the Who, but for some reason I wrote down Doors. I saw the play too, which helped. I didn't know claptons other band, as I only know him from Cream and as a solo artist. Thanks for filling me in though.

I'm not sure if you're aware that the first band Clapton was in that hit was the Yardbirds. Then Cream, Blind Faith, session work in Delaney & Friends and, finally, Derek and the Dominos. He then had a hiatus (I think due to drugs), before friends talked him into doing a concert (Rainbow Bridge, I think.) That apparently spurred him to go solo.

What a career he's had, huh?