Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kovalchuk71

Worst skater in the NHL?

Andreychuk has never been a great skater...but I wouldn't call him the worst.

Actually he doesn't like to admit in interviews, however he once admitted it on TSN to Bob Mackenzie years ago. Big Dave can't skate backwards. Doesn't know how. He only admitted it because the conversation was about how players are capable of overcoming weakness to still make it in the NHL

Andreychuk has never been a great skater...but I wouldn't call him the worst.

Actually he doesn't like to admit in interviews, however he once admitted it on TSN to Bob Mackenzie years ago. Big Dave can't skate backwards. Doesn't know how. He only admitted it because the conversation was about how players are capable of overcoming weakness to still make it in the NHL

Holy crap...mad props to him. 700 goals, and can't skate backwards.... :huh:

He kind've shuffles backwards now, slow as can be, but he can go "in reverse" now. He made it by standing infront and scoring 50 goals a year. If you constantly produce and do whats asked of you they can only hold you back for so long. He's fast enough to keep up and doesn't try and play beyond his abilities.

Who ever said Straka is crazy...

Worrell is actualy better now, way better, actualy one of the fastest guy in the league...

Now to me the worst is Ramzi Abid

Did I just see Worrell and "one of the fastest guy in the league..." in the same sentance?

:wacko::wacko::blink:

gary roberts, probably not the worst, but pretty awkward to watch. he looks like he's strapped to a spinboard when he skates

gary roberts, probably not the worst, but pretty awkward to watch. he looks like he's strapped to a spinboard when he skates

Just the way he learned I bet. Two hands on the stick, stick on the ice all the time. Our coach makes us skate like that every practice.

lol, I hope he was kidding.

If he's right, that would be the biggest improvement in skating the NHL has seen to date.

Worrell is my nominee for wost skater ^_^

lol, I hope he was kidding.

If he's right, that would be the biggest improvement in skating the NHL has seen to date.

Worrell is my nominee for wost skater ^_^

if this is true, I'll take him in the fantasy draft <_<

This is a different era, but when Terry O'Reilly first came up the other guys on the team said they laughed, because he was so terrible. Yet he was such a hard worker, he ended up scoring 200 goals in his career and was around seventh in scoring one season with about 90 points.

He was easily one of most popular Bruins of the era, because he was always game for patty cake, always hustled, checked hard, etc.

But, again, apparantly he couldn't skate when he first reached the NHL.

On a somewhat realted note ...

I use to play pickup with the Colorado Gold Kings when they were in town a few years ago. They are a bunch of guys that play in a league that are a step or two away from the NHL.

Playing with these guys you quickly notice that they are all damn fast in their skating, stick handling, and the whole nine yards.

You ask them what the difference between them and the NHL is and they say a half a step or less. Most never bridge that small gap.

This is a different era, but when Terry O'Reilly first came up the other guys on the team said they laughed, because he was so terrible. Yet he was such a hard worker, he ended up scoring 200 goals in his career and was around seventh in scoring one season with about 90 points.

He was easily one of most popular Bruins of the era, because he was always game for patty cake, always hustled, checked hard, etc.

But, again, apparantly he couldn't skate when he first reached the NHL.

Terry O'Riley, the Tasmainian Devil (Happy Gilmore) :lol:

Worrell is actualy better now, way better, actualy one of the fastest guy in the league...

this post is just so funny that i had to make a post laughing :lol: