Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hockeyfalcons456

Change color of gloves

I have a pair of Eagle xp70 leather gloves,and they are black and red but I was wondering is there a way I could spray paint them all back, so the paint wouldnt just chip off and so they would actually look good?and if so what kind of product would I have to use on them.

ah i just give er on my eagles and touch em up when needed, there really no way to alter the color and make it look "nice" imo if its a leather gloves, i dont know but id imagine the leather can be scuffed up a bit with sand paper

I "dyed" my oakleys. Use a permanent sharpie. As the gloves get chewed up, use the sharpie to touch it up.

I would imagine that due to the sweat factor in the game and damp from the ice, does'nt the sharpie run onto your equiptment and create mess.. ?

Nope. Not even once. Doesn't even rub off on stuff in my bag. It is a PERMANENT marker, after all (designed not to wash off in the washing machine).

Although, not sure if it might act differently on different leathers and/or synthetics, but that has never been an issue with mine. I touch it up once every 2 months or so (scrapes, cuts, etc). I only wish I had a marker to match the rest of the gloves....

After a touch up, it can look "shiney", but once the oil of the marker dries, you can't tell (at least on mine you can't).

If anyone wants to go this route, I'd recommend trying a small section (perhaps somewhere where it's not that noticeable). Let it dry completely (set it out infront of a fan over night) and try it out. After it dries, if you rub REALLY, REALLY hard with a moist thumb, you MIGHT be able to get some color transfer I suppose, but that's never been an issue with mine at least. After doing a little section, I'd recommend playing 2 or 3 games/practices with them, and you'll likely see that it doesn't run or transfer. You can even put them inside of an old t-shirt in the bag to see if it transfers over while rattling in the bag after a game (I did this and it wasn't an issue - but better safe than sorry since the materials and treatment on said materials may not be the same).

Another route you might want to try is using actual leather dye. I bought some from Tandy Leather and used it to dye an undyed leather belt black. 10 years later it still looks good.

I've never tried the stuff on previously dyed leather, but it was not at all expensive and if it works would provide a very permanent solution.

It's very easy to use, you just brush it on using a cotton swab and since it is dye it gives a much more even coat than paint will.

Plus, if you put on one coat at a time you can control the darkness easily.

Must only be on plastic, as that hasn't been an issue with mine. Of course, again, I imagine that results may vary based upon what kind of leather you're putting it on how it had been treated/color dyed in the first place.

I colored my gloves once. Took me about 5 minutes.

20050929image00023ho.jpg

LOL, Just though I'd post that up for laughs. I was really bored and tried to get my old gloves to match my Black and Yellow pants. I used tape.

I colored my gloves once. Took me about 5 minutes.

20050929image00023ho.jpg

LOL, Just though I'd post that up for laughs. I was really bored and tried to get my old gloves to match my Black and Yellow pants. I used tape.

I may have to try that with Green/Purple tape for my teams colors.