Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chadd

New goalie jerseys?

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=138228

The manufacturers made it clear that the tigher version would not look like a team's current sweaters, but the NHL gave them the green light to proceed anyway.
Some franchises reacted quite positively, recognizing the marketing potentional in creating a "goalie sweater" taking a page from the huge success of soccer.

Oh great, more alternate jerseys. This is going to turn into a sideshow of a league in no time.

Is the NHL serious? There is a reason behind the jerseys being different for goalies in soccerf, so the ref can tell whos allowed to play it with their hands. How does that situation apply to hockey. People are not going to start watching hockey who never watched before because the goalies wear different jerseys. Ever since the lockout the NHL has become a freaking sideshow and will soon be if it isn't already the laughing stock of professional sports.

I don't like it either. The goalie is the guy with the blocker, trapper, unique mask, poofy chest and big pillows strapped to his legs. You have to be pretty thick to confuse him with someone else.

Kind of on topic, I just saw the new NHL commecial on TV for the first time. I actually felt embarresed to be a hockey fan while watching that. Could you picture a football player doing that or a player from another sport?

Its been announced the jerseys won't be ready for the start of the season and the goalies are going to get a chance to try the jerseys in practice first.