Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Crazy Otto

Anybody know any good exorcism rituals?

I swear to God I am in the worst goal-scoring slump ever. I never was known for lighting the lamp that often, but it seems now I can't buy one. I'm strictly a rec league player and currently I'm somewhere around average compared to the players on my team and the rest of the teams in our league.

I play hard, and I get my share of assists, and I'm usually a plus player in most of our games. Just somebody help me get rid of Kent!

There's always the Slumpbuster but I'd just keep hacking away because things end up working themselves out.

Slumpbuster!!! Haha. Not sure if we are thinking about the same thing...as in the Baseball Slumpbuster ;) ??? You're a mod, I'll let you tell the rest of the Modsquadders what the Slumpbuster is.

With that said, Mack is right. You really just have to keep going at it. Usually as the slump progresses, players tend to overthink, and overdo things, and that can lead to longer stints on the slump. Try not to think about it too much. Just concentrate on doing the little things right. From there, your goals will come. You could try making a sacrifice to the hockey gods, maybe that will work for you. In my case, a sacrifice would include the ritual cutting and burning of a Devils jersey. Haha.

LOL, well I thought you would execute your Mod privelidge, and tell everyone what the slumpbuster is...so I will! If it's too foul, feel free to delete my post.

A Slumpbuster, for Pro Baseball Players anyway, is when a player in a slump sleeps with a overweight female in order to get over the slump. I'll put it as the great, hard throwing, never a dull moment, closer for the Reds, Rob "Rex" Dibble, put it..."If you find yourself in a slump, the best thing to do is have sex with a fat chick!"

I personally don't recommend this behavior...dinner bills tend to get high with fat girls :lol: !

Reminds me of this Baseball movie where one guy on the team confesses that he loves fat chicks as everybody made jokes bout fat girls.

'Summer Catch'?

As for the slump: just keep playing, bro. Eventually, things will work themselves out. It's definitely a roller-coaster deal - sometimes it seems like everything is going in, other times you feel like you couldn't finish a bowl of cereal.

If you're having problems scoring goals, be sure you don't get so frustrated that you forget to play defense. If I hit a little dry-spell, I usually put a little more emphasis on the play in my own zone, blocking shots, throwing hits, tying guys up and clearing rebounds. Eventually, things will start bouncing your way again.

I just remember going 0-for-spring, heading out on a roadie with friends, then going into a wood bat tourney and hitting .476 in it.

It's funny how things change like that. I really don't get too streaky with baseball, but I know a lot of guys who are either hitting the shit out of the ball, or they just aren't hitting it at all.

"but it seems now I can't buy one".... :rolleyes: you've said it but have you actually tried to BUY one? if it's a rec league i'm sure the other goalie would be more then happy to let a few in during game time for a few $$... :lol:

I come at it from a line perspective. If your line is playing well and you're on the right side of the +/- who cares about your goal stats.

If your line is slumping, simplify things by having everyone on the same page that you take the shot whenever it's there and have your teammates go in sniffing around for rebounds.

Don't forget, ugly goals count too!

"but it seems now I can't buy one".... :rolleyes: you've said it but have you actually tried to BUY one? if it's a rec league i'm sure the other goalie would be more then happy to let a few in during game time for a few $$... :lol:

As long as he keeps buying the beer, it's ok with me. ;)

Don't forget, ugly goals count too!
There's nothing wrong with ugly ones, you just don't tell your friends about them. Ugly goals I mean, ugly goals.

Hahaha...I wonder if you guys have any Vegas trade show "ugly ones" stories...ugly goals, I mean, ugly goals.

Thanks guys. If I can pick up an ugly goal on a rebound into an open net, when I tell about it the next day it will be a laser-guided blast from the top of the faceoff circle. :D

When I'm getting frustrated in my rec league (and that can be for a number of reasons: Dry spell, spending a whole night unable to 'get in the groove,' sloppy D, or just bungling the puck all night long), I try to start the next week by saying "**** it! Let's have some fun tonight!" I come out to play for love of the game, not to work my stats. What do the individual stats really mean at the end of the year? Nothing, at least where I play. If I focus on just being happy (and able) to be out playing, I relax, and it seems that the goals and assists start to come. As soon as I stop fretting about it, things start to work.

If none of that works here is the exorcism rites:

Exorcizo te, creatura aquæ, in nomine Dei Patris omnipotentis, et in nomine Jesu Christi, Filii ejus Domini nostri, et in virtute Spiritus Sancti: ut fias aqua exorcizata ad effugandam omnem potestatem inimici, et ipsum inimicum eradicare et explantare valeas cum angelis suis apostaticis, per virtutem ejusdem Domini nostri Jesu Christ: qui venturus est judicare vivos et mortuos et sæculum per ignem.

Deus, qui ad salutem humani generis maxima quæque sacramenta in aquarum substantia condidisti: adesto propitius invocationibus nostris, et elemento huic, multimodis purificationibus præparato, virtutem tuæ benedictionis infunde; ut creatura tua, mysteriis tuis serviens, ad abigendos dæmones morbosque pellendos divinæ gratiæ sumat effectum; ut quidquid in domibus vel in locis fidelium hæc unda resperserit careat omni immunditia, liberetur a noxa. Non illic resideat spiritus pestilens, non aura corrumpens: discedant omnes insidiæ latentis inimici; et si quid est quod aut incolumitati habitantium invidet aut quieti, aspersione hujus aquæ effugiat: ut salubritas, per invocationem sancti tui nominis expetita, ab omnibus sit impugnationibus defensa. Per Dominum, amen.

You need an old priest and a young priest for this.

If none of that works here is the exorcism rites:

Exorcizo te, creatura aquæ, in nomine Dei Patris omnipotentis, et in nomine Jesu Christi, Filii ejus Domini nostri, et in virtute Spiritus Sancti: ut fias aqua exorcizata ad effugandam omnem potestatem inimici, et ipsum inimicum eradicare et explantare valeas cum angelis suis apostaticis, per virtutem ejusdem Domini nostri Jesu Christ: qui venturus est judicare vivos et mortuos et sæculum per ignem.

Deus, qui ad salutem humani generis maxima quæque sacramenta in aquarum substantia condidisti: adesto propitius invocationibus nostris, et elemento huic, multimodis purificationibus præparato, virtutem tuæ benedictionis infunde; ut creatura tua, mysteriis tuis serviens, ad abigendos dæmones morbosque pellendos divinæ gratiæ sumat effectum; ut quidquid in domibus vel in locis fidelium hæc unda resperserit careat omni immunditia, liberetur a noxa. Non illic resideat spiritus pestilens, non aura corrumpens: discedant omnes insidiæ latentis inimici; et si quid est quod aut incolumitati habitantium invidet aut quieti, aspersione hujus aquæ effugiat: ut salubritas, per invocationem sancti tui nominis expetita, ab omnibus sit impugnationibus defensa. Per Dominum, amen.

You need an old priest and a young priest for this.

ummm.... did i miss something hear or is this an inside joke? <_<

Update: I broke the slump last night, in a scramble in front of the net I poked in a loose puck! Didn't even have to resort to the Slumpbuster! :D

Update: I broke the slump last night, in a scramble in front of the net I poked in a loose puck! Didn't even have to resort to the Slumpbuster! :D

And what a laser it was.