Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hockey_player

New Mission Stick

So while i was watching the games i saw this new Mission stick some guy had.

It was called the Mission "Ion" and it was an all red sparkly shaft and it almost looked like a synergy.

Has anybody heard or seen this stick?

It was called the Mission "Ion" and it was an all red sparkly shaft and it almost looked like a synergy.

Okay now.....Justin/Mikeo....fess up!! = :lol:

"Ion"? Are we going back in time with names?

its a 2 stick combo...the first is called "Miss" and the 2nd "Ion"... :D

And here I was thinking they would be going back to the Ion and Ether names for standard and tapered sticks. :huh:

Naw the stick wasnt like missing the MISS part, close and that cood of worked, mayb it duz , but there was no tape on the shaft or any scratches

also from top to bottom of the shaft it went like this

MISSION - ION - MISSION

just like everyother mission stick duz

Damn, you guys got spys all over the place! The is only one sample out there and you guys spoted it! I guess I'm going to have to tighten up security!

OK. ION is the replacement for M-2. We have a red (non-grip) and a blue (grip) models coming out in Feb. We do have some chrome graphics on the shaft. There is some minor tweeking left to do on the graphics. As soon as everything is finalized I will post a pic.

I better find JR some metamorphics soon to keep him quite!

Now, Mike, this is a hockey forum for super-crazy hockey gear people...so you KNOW you can't just leave it like that. Graphics and looks are one thing...but specs. my man, specs!

Weight, shaftshape...???

O i have also seen the new Pulse stick as well, my friend has one and it is a black and gold stick. It isnt very light, way heavier than a Hex-1, i think.

Also my coach has one but his is almost all gold.

O i have also seen the new Pulse stick as well, my friend has one and it is a black and gold stick. It isnt very light, way heavier than a Hex-1, i think.

Also my coach has one but his is almost all gold.

Your might be wrong here......explain "way heavier" ????

way heavier than a Hex-1

I would agree with this. I felt that the Pulse was bottom heavy.

I have some INNO's that weigh in the 420-430's, yet feel like they are much lighter because of their balance.

The VDS blade that goes into the PULSE stick is within a couple of grams of a similar HEX curve. When comparing the weight or balance of a stick you need to check similar curves. Most of the Pulse samples I have let out for testing have been McCauley or Rafalski curves which are larger (longer and taller) blades. The larger blades weight more. Since I'm the only one with Rafalski and McCauley HEX blades it would be pretty hard to make a proper comparison. Yes Justin, I've been holding out you. I have McCauley HEX blades. Goalies!!

The shaft we are using for the PULSE stick is similar to the HEX shaft, but with a longer taper. We do add a "slash zone" reinforcement to our shafts that make the balance different for other sticks. When the PULSE stick gets to retail I think you will find it similar in balance to a HEX stick.

Final samples of the '06 line went to the photographer today. I'll post that pic of the new sticks next week. PULSE, AXIS, Z-2, ION

Final samples of the '06 line went to the photographer today. I'll post that pic of the new sticks next week. PULSE, AXIS, Z-2, ION

SWEET!

WOW! I really like the look of that stick. I mean, all black would be cool, but it looks well done.

Isn't that little graphic next to the "Pulse" a little Adrenalinish though? Same squiggly lines.

WOW! I really like the look of that stick. I mean, all black would be cool, but it looks well done.

Isn't that little graphic next to the "Pulse" a little Adrenalinish though? Same squiggly lines.

My first thought when I saw that pic was "Adrenaline with a TFG paint job"