Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

iceburg19

rink rat hornets(exploding)

Hey Guys,

First, Happy Holidays to everyone!

Ok onto the wheels, Everybody who emailed or called me with Warrantee issues your wheels are on the way, we have corrected the problems guys and your wheels are enroute!

If for any reason your wheels don't get to you by the first of January please email me at mike_hunt@mearthane.com

I will check this site every couple of days but our offices and factory are closed until January 3rd.

Thanks Guys

Merry Christmas

Michael Hunt

Rink Rat

Hes not from England tho

No, I know he's not from England..the kid that was complaining about them was. Kept sayin he was calling long distance from the UK to get in touch with RR.

Hey Guys,

First, Happy Holidays to everyone!

Ok onto the wheels, Everybody who emailed or called me with Warrantee issues your wheels are on the way, we have corrected the problems guys and your wheels are enroute!

If for any reason your wheels don't get to you by the first of January please email me at mike_hunt@mearthane.com

I will check this site every couple of days but our offices and factory are closed until January 3rd.

Thanks Guys

Merry Christmas

Michael Hunt

Rink Rat

Hey Mike,

Is there any way to distinguish the bad batch of wheels from the good batches? If I got to my LHS to get some new Hornets, can I tell whether their stock includes duds or not?

Thanks!

most likely not.. im sure mike knows in detail and i could be wrong.. but i feel like usually you cant tell weather its a bad batch or not. Usually its a inner hub problem that causes the wheel to "explode".. again i could be wrong but thats my good ole .2 cents. Im sure mike will clear it up

Hey Guys,

The answer to your question is this, Of all the new hornets that hit the market, only a pocket of wheels had issues. This was still unusual for Rink Rat as our wheels rarely have this problem so we decided to be pro active and modify the hubs moving forward. The new Hornets have solid color hubs, these will be the new Hornets moving forward. The difference between the older and the new Hornets is the older Hornets have a translucent or (see through look) to the hubs. The updated Hornets have a new solid (non see through) hub. They're still the exact same colors as the older ones. These new wheels are starting to filter into the after market as we speak.

The older wheels are still great wheels, we only had a pocket of bad wheels out of a ton of wheels shipped wheels. Our customer service department has replaced any defective wheels that was brought to my attention. Rink Rat will always stand behind our products and always help our customers.

I hope that answers your questions, if not email me directly at

mike_hunt@mearthane.com

Thanks guys and have a great Holiday!!

Michael Hunt

Rink Rat

Is there any reason that the new solid colour hubs are going to be better than the see-through old ones or is it just so you can distinguish between the two?

hey ,mike i was wondering why didnt rink rat stay with the old wheel look? the hub incased in the whole wheel,instead of the new around the hub look? (did i explain that right?)

Okay, don't necessarily mean to bump this topic (for no good reason anyways). But am I the only one who HASN"T got their replacement Rink Rats?!?! It has been over three months!! I will email Mike again, but if anybody is in the same boat, let me know so I can ease my mind, thanks.

Okay, don't necessarily mean to bump this topic (for no good reason anyways). But am I the only one who HASN"T got their replacement Rink Rats?!?! It has been over three months!! I will email Mike again, but if anybody is in the same boat, let me know so I can ease my mind, thanks.

Well kinda in the same boat , they sent me green/yellow ones but i needed purple/gold ones and i were told they were on the way a while ago. Hope that helps.

dont feel left out guys i havent received my wheels either. i did talk to mike and dan from rink rat left my address and tele # for response at least ten times,i still have a couple of the wheels that crapped out on me and was thinking of sending them to rr,if you look back to one response mike h says iceburg you must have got lost in the mix,well im done trying,i do my part as a rr customer,still love the wheels,i have no gripes and who knows maybe they are on there way,no really.thinking of going to mini bearings anyone use the rr minis give me a thought on them.and mike when you do read this,i know your trying to do the right thing for everyone,your intensions are good.

Burg and playa,

I will be in the office at 8am Monday morning.

Send me your address 1 more time and the wheel sizes, They will be sent via fed ex out the door by 9am Monday. It's the first order of business for me Monday morning. Send your info to mike_hunt@mearthane.com!

sorry for the delay's guys.

Mike

boy that was fast,im watching alittle ahl allstar action,some hockey on superbowl sunday,mike i will e-mail you , for some reason or another i think my e-mail might not be getting through.thats why i was calling you direct,vioce to vioce sometimes is better.im old school i like the telephone, if its ok.

Hey mike, have you got my emails/pms about my rink rat hornet wheels chunking?

its happened to quite a few wheels but this was the worst.

http://img374.imageshack.us/img374/2656/wheel19vj.jpg

just wondering what i should do about them? i think they could have been from the bad batch as ive never had a wheel that bad before!

if you could get back to me and PM me as soon as possible that would be great!

Ash

EDIT: sorry about the size

Hey Mike, I am on that waiting list too. Maybe you didn't see my post because it was on the last page. I emailed and PM'd you also. Thanks.

-Kyle

mike ,i received the new hornets in the mail thursday afternoon,i have 3 games in the next 3 days so they came at a great time,thank you very much for these replacement wheels they should last a few months.thanks again.