Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

iceburg19

rink rat hornets(exploding)

anyone having trouble with the new green hub rr hornet wheels?just exploded another wheel, 3rd one not even lasting 2 games -2 80mm,and one 72mm 30$ wasted on freaking wheels.

Damn..yet another top dollar wheel with MAJOR malfunctions.

Of 8 original Genesis wheels on my Code 1s, only 4 intact wheels remain. Tonight I had to buy 4 more size 72s for my old pair of Missions with HiLo...1 of them chunked out bigtime, and another had the core crack. 1 game with them!

I'm not good at math, but of 12 Code 1 wheels that I have gotten 6 have had something happen to them. That's a 50% failure rate..and that sucks. Especially considering these wheels are $8.50 or more a piece.

Hey guys,

Blow outs are extreamly uncommon for us is a true statement. If you had a couple of wheels pop on you in a short amount of time just give me an email at

Mike_hunt@mearthane.com and I will take care of it for you.

I apolagize for the problems but as everyone in the industry knows Rink Rat has the Worlds Best Roller hockey wheels as well as our customer service!

If anyone has issues with our wheels just give me a heads up, I'll always make things right for you!

Take care

Michael Hunt

Rink Rat

While we're on the topic, i just got some rink rats that I knew we're to soft but it was such a good deal i couldnt let it go. so my question is, even though the wheels are about two levels to soft, do I use them, They are rink rat hornets and i've heard so much about how durable they are and everything, think theylll last a while, if theyre going to break on me the first month because theyre so soft then ill sell them. any thoughts?

My past experience with RR Hornets would have me say no. They were great wheels and held up well.

I would think it would come down to your height/weight/usage/and if you are tough on wheels.

If you aren't that tall or weight alot, or don't use them like 6 times a week, and are not completely aggressive on them, you should be ok for some time.

Just remember...softer wheels grip better, but take away speed. Two levels down might be too much of a speed drop for you. IMHO of course.

ok, Im 190-200 lbs, and 5'10 and play inline bout 4 times a week and that four times is about a three hour time period each, and im very rough on them. so guessing there gonna break in a sec? Im gonna post em up in the sell section if any of you are interested.

I would say you're right on the border there with your height/weight/usage. There is no real formula for it.

If you're really that concerned than yeah sell them. If you can stand the money, then try them out.

talked to mike from rink rat today about the hornets exploding ,,ive been useing rink rat wheels sinse they first came in the shops and still feel ,hands down they are the best wheel out there.if you havent tried rink rat wheels yet ,give them a try.you wont be dissapointed.by the way i was very happy with rink rats customer service,thank you very much mike.its good to see you guys back your product.

talked to mike from rink rat today about the hornets exploding ,,ive been useing rink rat wheels sinse they first came in the shops and still feel ,hands down they are the best wheel out there.if you havent tried rink rat wheels yet ,give them a try.you wont be dissapointed.by the way i was very happy with rink rats customer service,thank you very much mike.its good to see you guys back your product.

i totaly agree great customer service and wheel performance.

I had 2 rink rat hornets (the green/yellow ones) pop on me in the space of about 20 minutes approx the 5th time i'd worn them. Was disappointed at the time as obviously when you spend a lot of money on wheels you expect them to last a while. However, Rink Rat's customer service is top class and they've sorted it out with me B)

apart from the 2 popping, the wheels have been awesome!

Hey Guys,

I just want to clear up any questions regarding our Hornets, we have had a few wheels come off the hub and delam here and there, we have Identified the problem and corrected it. This was not an epidemic of wheels, Just a few here and there. Our customers can always be confident with not only our products but our customer service as well!

Everyone in the roller hockey world knows that if you have an issue with any of our Rink Rat products to email me directly at mike_hunt@mearthane.com and I will do everything in my power to make things right for you. I know there's nothing more frustrating then having a product fail right after you spent good money on it...Just call me guys or email me if you have an issue....

Thanks,

See you at the rink!!!!

Michael Hunt

World Wide Sales Manager

Rink Rat

i dont know what it is but my back and front wheels take a beating ,ive had my wheels explode a few times,brand new wheels,first game just come apart. 4wheels in less than a weeks time.im still waiting for rink rat to send new wheels,been about a month now.i e-mailed ,and called ,i dont want to sound like a grub but crap that was $40. on wheels that should have lasted a least 3-4 months.still thou i think there great wheels.

I just blew out one of the new 78a purple hornets on Sunday.... split through to hub. I took a close look at a few of the others and they are still intact, however you can see some separation from the hub internally... almost looks like a long air pocket inside the wheel on the hub. FWIW I am 170.

Just wanted to add that I also had a chunking problem with the Hornets in this batch.

I got in touch with Mike over at Rink Rat.

Excellent, Excellent customer service, problem solved.

I will continue to use and endorse RR. You just can't beat their performance and Customer service imo.

thanks

im skateing on sport court ,i havent had any luck with the new hornet wheels with the bright green hub.hey crazy legs did rink rat replace your wheels?,if you dont mind me asking.

I spoke to mike about my hornets that split and when they are sending me out my replacements and he said that they were getting new hubs and that the splitting problem has been resolved.

I have a somewhat related problem that doesn't warrant a new thread. At UCSB, our rink isn't waxed, which has caused more than the normal wear on our wheels. But mine have been developing serious cracks in a strange way. I have CCM PF 8's, and the front hornets are fine with the wear increasing towards the 80mm's, and both of my 80 mm's have massive cracks all along the center of the wheel (the main contact area). Would this pattern of wear be more related to the unwaxed rink or my stopping style, as I dig in hard with my heels and with more of my weight pressing there. My size isn't a problem; I'm 5'10" 170 (78kg).

Thoughts?

Edit: The skates/wheels are about 21 months old, with only about 8 of that being heavy use; we had to change wheels to play on an outdoor rink for the first 15 months of having these puppies

crazy legs ,the reason im asking ,i was told my wheels were going to be replaced. this was back in early nov,i e-mailed and talked to mike h .i dont want to bother the guy ,but dont leave me hanging either,how long was your wait?

Iceburg, I am in the same boat too. Mike was quick to reply to me and said that the wheels would be going out mid-November. I have been waiting patiently and have not contacted him yet since I am sure he is busy. That being said, I am starting to get a little bit worried.

I spoke to mike about my hornets that split and when they are sending me out my replacements and he said that they were getting new hubs and that the splitting problem has been resolved.

Playa - Are the Hornets you're having problems with the ones that came on your new Mission 7500?