Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Deerok

Custom Skate options

Hello All,

It's good to be back!

I was wondering what options and what questons I should ask when ordering a custom pair of skates. I am specifically looking at Bauer Vapor XXX or preferably Bauer Supreme 8090. I am currently in Vapor XXX and they fit me pretty well (although my left foot is a bit smaller than the right). 8090's are just too wide.

I have read in the other postings about the stiffness levels (1-4?), and the additional options like liner and tongue, but I am still in the dark about the other measurements D/A (I assume the "D" is the width but what does the "A" mean?

Is it the heal? Is that the most narrow or average?

Hopefully all of the experts here can help me out.

Thanks in advance

If you do custom you can get just about anything.. My Bauers are pretty cool as they get.. I have a 8000 Traditional fit with---

280 tuuk+

heel-wdge

fabric liner

left foot 8.5 D/A and Right foot 8.25 D/A

Pro stiff

1/8 inch thicker ankle packs

and a bauer 8000 out sole

vintage 2000 white and black toung

also I know they offer AA-AAA heels

The only new rule they say it needs to be a bauer vapor xxx or 8090

My skates might not be the lightest but they are durable.

Most pros on custom XXX still use XX interior liner on their custom make-up boot. That liner really hugs your foot. The long term wear may not meet your expectations but that liner does add to the snugness and fit benefit of a custom XXX boot.

Hi, I am going to vancouver during christmas and i wanna get a pair of custon skates, is there any recommendations of shops that i can get it done.Also is it only Bauer that have custom programs?

many other company do it, but mainly for the fit. Graf came do the fit and custom colors.

Hi, I am going to vancouver during christmas and i wanna get a pair of custon skates, is there any recommendations of shops that i can get it done.Also is it only Bauer that have custom programs?

many other company do it, but mainly for the fit. Graf came do the fit and custom colors.

I saw a pair of 705's at my son's game last night that had little flames embroidered around the bottom of the boots. Pretty cool looking.

You might also want to look at CCM:s custom made skates?!

Quote:

You can now order your CCM skates with many of the same options usually reserved for only the pros

• Individual - length and width measurements for each foot so you can fit your feet individually for optimal performance and control.

• 3 Boot Stiffness Options - Regular, Pro Stiff, Extra Stiff. Now you can get the support you require.

• 2 Tongue Options - Regular or Double Felt for people who have continual "lace bite" problems

• 3 Sole Options - Plastic, Fiberglass or Graphite soles.

• Special Requests- Extend facing, lower arch, lacing width and other options

Note that all skates are Senior quality

CCM 852 Super Tacks $525

CCM 952 Super Tacks $580

CCM 1052 Super Tacks $650

• Timeframe of 7-9 weeks

• No changes to order once ordered

• All sales are final and non-refundable

• Orders must be paid in full at time of order

You might also want to look at CCM:s custom made skates?!

Quote:

You can now order your CCM skates with many of the same options usually reserved for only the pros

• Individual - length and width measurements for each foot so you can fit your feet individually for optimal performance and control.

• 3 Boot Stiffness Options - Regular, Pro Stiff, Extra Stiff. Now you can get the support you require.

• 2 Tongue Options - Regular or Double Felt for people who have continual "lace bite" problems

• 3 Sole Options - Plastic, Fiberglass or Graphite soles.

• Special Requests- Extend facing, lower arch, lacing width and other options

Note that all skates are Senior quality

CCM 852 Super Tacks $525

CCM 952 Super Tacks $580

CCM 1052 Super Tacks $650

• Timeframe of 7-9 weeks

• No changes to order once ordered

• All sales are final and non-refundable

• Orders must be paid in full at time of order

Oops!

I forgot the link!

Here we go:

http://www.thehockeyshop.net/frames_all.htm

I saw a pair of 705's at my son's game last night that had little flames embroidered around the bottom of the boots. Pretty cool looking.

"Techno" I believe was that model. Silver lining, like on the 502 (maybe 501's) when they came out. There used to be a junkload up on Ebay from THR/Goalie Heaven. Pretty sure they were a limited edition stock model. One of the Kids I coach against wears them.

they know their stuff....

Most pros on custom XXX still use XX interior liner on their custom make-up boot. That liner really hugs your foot. The long term wear may not meet your expectations but that liner does add to the snugness and fit benefit of a custom XXX boot.

I have it in my skates now I think it only does one great thing drys quicker.

Does anyone know the Graf custom options? I'm having a hard time finding them. Maybe it's my verbage... :huh:

Size, stiffness, Great White, Black Widow/White Lightning (i believe on some models), quarter sizing, liner, tounge, toe cap, tendon guard.

Miiike, you rock. Thank you for that information. Please excuse my ignorance, but would you possibly mind describing those?

stiffness: What are the different levels to choose from and which would be similar to the OTC 709s?

Great White, Black Widow/White Lightning (i believe on some models): What do each of these look like? I saw one guy that got some recently here on MSH, and they had a small Canadian flag on them. I can't find that pic anymore, but what style are those? Wish I could find that pic.

liner: What are the options here, and what are the benefits of each?

tongue: Single/double felt?

toe cap: No idea on this one or the benefits of any.

tendon guard: No idea on this one or the benefits of any.