Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fire0nIce228

Total Team Frustration

Well to make an entirly too long of a story quite short, my team is 1-6 right now.

Our games are like this

6-1 L

1-0 L

2-0 L

5-4 L (after bein down 4-1)

5-2 L (backup goalie)

4-3 W

2-0 L

As you can see all these close losses are not doing very well for team spirit. Even the game we lost 5-2, we were down 3-2 with a few minutes left in the third with our backup goalie in. The entire team is frustrated, upset with eachother, and all the like. Everytime we talk about the games, its a "shoulda coulda beat 'em" kinda thing or a "we're better than them" kinda thing. Less and less people are coming to practices, yesterday none of the captains were there. This is really starting to piss me off, since I was captain last year but missed all of training/preseason/first season game this year, that the people who took over for me arn't showing up anymore. Last year was a rough year too, but when we lost the games weren't even close. So its almost like the second year of this even though we have alot of new players and we're a much better team this year. With only 20 games in the regular season, we're all but screwed to make hte playoffs, so its like people dont care anymore. Anyone got any suggestions about anything? :(

I think your team needs to think more positively. Instead of dewelling on what should've happen, focus on what your team did right and expand on that.

Also, from the sounds of it, your team may need new captains. It doesn't seem they are dedicated to self-improving the team.

It starts with the coaching staff and the captains. We started 0-4 and it took a while to choose captains but the head coach was really positive about it and we went and won a tounament (going 3 and 0), beating 2 teams we lost along the way. Then we won our last game, which was close and hard-hitting.

I agree with gee i think you guys are dwelling too much on your loses. You might try doing a team activity that doesnt involve hockey to create a greater bond so that there is more positive re-enforcement and less negative energy so you might have a little more fun and your team mates will look forward to going to practices and games and maybe try harder.

Find the little victories and talk about them on the bench. For example:

- Win your shift

- Win the face offs

- Win the period

- Get shots on goal

- A good defensive, grinder shift

- Clearing a rebound

- etc.

Everytime something good happens, give a teammate a pat on the back. Success is contagous. Start small and work you way up.

maybe you guys arent bonding ,maybe have a few get togethers with your team ,go golfing or watcha hockey game or go grab some pizza and get to know and like each other ,that helps lots of teams im on.

At this point, I think the best thing you could do it take it upon yourself to lead by example. You need to work as hard as you possibly can in practice, and make sure the other guys notice. Take things seriously: make sure any team rules set by your coach or by your captains are strictly enforced.

Come game-time, you might need to try to set the tone, by yourself, early. A big hit, a battle in the corner, nice defensive play or a sick dangle will wake everyone right up.

Good luck, buddy.

yeah I have a new coach this year, he is totally different than our coach last two years, the coach for the last two years was hard, but knew his hockey and a nice guy. This year our new coach is totally different.... After naming the captain and two of the three assistants so the injured players could have a chance at getting the last assistant. I got the A, it was about 6 or 7 games into the season. Our season is not doing so well. Sounds like i'm in the same situation kind of as FireOnIce

We lost all of our games until we played a really weak team. Then last weekend we played the 2nd place team and beat them 7-4, I'd say just try not to get too frustrated about it, I know its hard...I got frustrated about our team and That just got me in trouble.

If you keep playing you hardest and getting the other players on your team to wanna work as hard as you or harder, and either get new captains or get them to do their jobs, and if you do all of this I'd say you will turn it around.

I agree with jjtt, take it one step at a time at first,

win a race to the puck

win periods

take it 20 mins at a time

eventually it'll turn around

I have a tourney this weekend, I'll letcha guys know how we did, coming off of our big win