Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ponty

Marek Svatos ... Anyone Notice?

That he is tied for second place rookie scorer for points? With all the hype around Crosby and Ovechkin he is coming up from the rear quietly.

I was worried about his lack of fire during training camp but someone got him going for sure :)

He had a 1 goal and two assits tonight. He is actually hitting very hard this year as well which is a surprise. Best hands on the team next to Hejduk and very quick.

If we can keep him healthy and motivated we might have something.

he is quietly making a name for himself. i think his biggest stat is the 5 gwg. hejduk has been pretty poo since coming back off the knee injury. this kid is more than making up for it. not to take anything away from his talent, but playing with a rejuvenated turgeon helps too. now if the avs could get some solid goaltending they'd be set.

I can't believe how many rookies are stepping up this year. Svatos is obviously among the top, but everyteam seems to have a few. Whether its a good all round game, or putting up large points, the rookies are contributing tons around the league.

I can't believe how many rookies are stepping up this year. Svatos is obviously among the top, but everyteam seems to have a few. Whether its a good all round game, or putting up large points, the rookies are contributing tons around the league.

that's what sucks about this year's calder. everyone is so set on crosby winning the title, they are overlooking the tons of other great young players that are getting a chance this year.

I would say that at least some of it is due to top defensemen still playing against Sakics line and the lack of defensement that can play efectively in the new NHL.

That said, the kid has incredible skill and motivation has always been his major problem.

The Leafs have two studs in Wellwood and Steen, neither of whom will be in the top 3 for the Calder, regardless of the numbers they put up.

He has 6 GWG now which I believe leads the NHL. Turgeon has been the one from his Isles days. Its kinda scary.

He scored goal 1 of a 5-0 game, not exactly a clutch goal.

You are so anti-Svatos :)

I would say the same about Gretz when it comes to GWGs. Watching Svatos over the last year or so makes me a non-believer what can I say?

Crosby will have to tank to lose the Calder, a shame...

Turgeon never rec'd any solid ice time in Dallas, the % his points were dropped was the same % his ice time declined and he rec'd no PP time...nothing like tossing away 9 mil on a guy and not trying to make it work...I think that the coaching staff just buried a guy they didn't want, but Hicks/Armstrong did..

I would say the same about Gretz when it comes to GWGs. Watching Svatos over the last year or so makes me a non-believer what can I say?

Players change, players improve, players mature.

What is your point about Gretzky and GWG? I won't put words in your mouth so please explain what you mean.

Thats way Gretzky was praising him after he lit up Phoenix.