Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EricG.

Itech I2 cage

Itech will be releasing (if it's not already released) and new cage called the I2. Seems pretty cool. It looks like the same shape as the RBE III, but the outside of the cage is black, while the inside is white. I'm curious to see what they're really like. There's a mini-page about it on www.itech.com

Guest 2048

A guy I saw at open hockey had something like that. He didn't like his black fm3000 bauer cage so he spraypainted the inside white to see if he could save 30 bucks. Ended up liking it.

My buddy got one of those from the OSU varsity team. He likes it real well. He says it has the vision benefits a light visor without looking goofy and making you a target on the ice

whats so much different then just getting an all white cage?

nevermind i'm an idiot... but like said before, the black outside should absorb the light.

You can also buy them at Great Skate, I don't like the way it looks on the Itech helmet, could be worst though.

I do not think that they made the outside black to avoid glare. A matte black doesn't produce glare either. In addition, how should the outside-of-the-cage glare affect your from-inside-the-cage view?

IMO that combo has the sole purpose to build a cage that has good vision AND looks ok. People do not like the looks of white cages, despite them providing better vision. So Itech found the thin line in the middle... white interior for good vision, black exterior for good looks.

Hockeyshark

How come when I try to order it off hockeymonkey, when i got to the options, they are all "silver", and you have to choose what color you want? Isn't it just white/black, i don't understand.