Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

U of M Goalie

Goal Masks

Too heavy is a subjective statement. Eddy's masks tend to be heavier than comparable models from other manufacturer's but that hardly makes them a poor choice at least to my mind. The balance on them is good and they have demonstrated good durability.

::m

I watched the Bruins/Stars game on saturday, and Tim Thomas of the Bruins had an odd

mask, the upper part was like a standard goalie mask, but the bottom was a complete cage......................anybody have any info on the manufacturer?

I watched the Bruins/Stars game on saturday, and Tim Thomas of the Bruins had an odd

mask, the upper part was like a standard goalie mask, but the bottom was a complete cage......................anybody have any info on the manufacturer?

the setup Thomas is wearing is called a mage it is made bySportmask www.sportmask.com

If you don't like Itech, I actually like mine, then go with NXI...NXI makes a great mask, that is light, protective, and looks good (the Phantom is what I use to wear).

Justin

Does anyone know of any really good durable protective goal masks. I am currently using the Itech Profile Pro 4600 ($250) and 2 of the 4 screws that hold the cage on have broken beyond repair. So i need a new one and since I am not willing to spend $700 to get a top of the line Itech i need some other ideas. I am thinking maybe Eddy? If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it. I play at a very high level so it needs to be sumthin at least $350 and quality.

you should get a warwick.

Does anyone know of any really good durable protective goal masks.  I am currently using the Itech Profile Pro 4600 ($250) and 2 of the 4 screws that hold the cage on have broken beyond repair.  So i need a new one and since I am not willing to spend $700 to get a top of the line Itech i need some other ideas.  I am thinking maybe Eddy?  If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it.  I play at a very high level so it needs to be sumthin at least $350 and quality.

you should get a warwick.

Warwick is way out of his price range, and frankly not worth their cost with so many other great masks available for much less.

I agree warwick is way out of his price range, but don't knock it, warwicks are, in my opinion, the best helmets available, I've had mine for 5 years now, its seen a lot of use and a lot of pucks, still goin strong, best helmet I've ever had, and worth every penny of the $800 price tag.

I agree warwick is way out of his price range, but don't knock it, warwicks are, in my opinion, the best helmets available, I've had mine for 5 years now, its seen a lot of use and a lot of pucks, still goin strong, best helmet I've ever had, and worth every penny of the $800 price tag.

My business partner paints masks. Ive heard nothing but negative things coming from his mouth in terms of the condition most of the Warwicks masks are in when he preps them for paint. Sadly some of them are brand new masks that he needs to repair. That's why I say they aren't worth the cost. You can;t be charging people that much for masks and running into those kinds of problems.

Yeah I would be open to a Warwick except as everyone pointed out the $800 plus price tag, I mean I play at a high level but not the NHL so I cant justify that much money, I'd be willing to spend around $500 $600 at most, I got alot of good ideas from this post, I'm gonna be lookin at Eddy, Olie and possibly a high end Itech. Im back to using my old itech as of right now, as I said before my new one (which isnt as good as my old one) the cage is falling off and some of the inside padding is coming unglued.

I must disagree with the Olie. It is not high end at all. Its a solid rec mask but not a pro mask. I have a reidic which kicks ass and I second the Eddys and Sportmask.

www.sportmask.com

reidic are great masks but i think pro masque are the best especially the XDK they had extra of them so i got it for the same price as the one a level below it its a great mask

reidic are great masks but i think pro masque are the best especially the XDK they had extra of them so i got it for the same price as the one a level below it its a great mask

I've had my pro masque for about 8 years, The thing is on its last leg but I almost don't trust my head in anything else.

I am contemplating getting a new helmet. We just got a bunch of the new Eddy's in, pretty sweet looking I must say.

A little off topic, but...Turco's Olympic Mask.

turco_mask_can.jpg

B)

I saw that at their practice last week. Has the Olympic rings in color on the chin, and the backplate has the rings in grey with Torino '06 below it. Wasn't practicing with any matching pads, but I'm sure he's got something.

couldnt find a picture but saw on the score that he's wearing vector pads, with reverse colours from Brodeur, mostly red with white and black. Vaughn blocker, didnt get a look at the trapper

Speaking of ProMasque, thier masks IMO are the best bang for the buck. Retail for around $410. The air bag insige makes it the most comfortable fit, I've ever had. Protection is awesome, you feel nothing.

U of M, not sure if you saw my post already, but I highly suggest you take a look at Protechsport. I paid $500 for mine and it is a completely pro level mask made with full kevlar to my head mold. You can see pix of mine and a mini review onmy post earlier about my new mask and C10pads. For that price it's AMAZING! Plus Michel at Protechsport also has a fiberglass/kevlar mix version for like $325.