Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

U of M Goalie

Goal Masks

Does anyone know of any really good durable protective goal masks. I am currently using the Itech Profile Pro 4600 ($250) and 2 of the 4 screws that hold the cage on have broken beyond repair. So i need a new one and since I am not willing to spend $700 to get a top of the line Itech i need some other ideas. I am thinking maybe Eddy? If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it. I play at a very high level so it needs to be sumthin at least $350 and quality.

UofM... check out the OLIE MA2000. High end mask for a VERY affordable price!

where do you live (not gonna guess and say ann arbor). PM me and i can try to help you locate a local dealer with OLIE products.

I'll definitely second the Olie MA2000. I've been wearing 'em for quite some time now. Far and away the nicest mask I've ever tried. Outstanding pro level protection, extremely comfortable, great sight lines, all at a price that can't be touched...

TPS GM1 is in the same price range as the 4600 and my goalie loves his. He tried on everything he could find last time he was out in LA and he liked the GM1 more than any of the others.

I think so far I am leaning towards the Eddy Custom Kevlar Cateye. I dont really like the overall shape of Eddy masks, but the next higher up Itech is $699 and I'm not paying that. The GM1 does look nice to, I'll have to try em all one and see which ones I can live with Eddy TPS or OLIE

I think so far I am leaning towards the Eddy Custom Kevlar Cateye. I dont really like the overall shape of Eddy masks, but the next higher up Itech is $699 and I'm not paying that. The GM1 does look nice to, I'll have to try em all one and see which ones I can live with Eddy TPS or OLIE

The Eddy is heavy, my part time guy got one of those. He likes it but it's much heavier than some of the others on the market.

Yeah the ITECH I am using thats one of the problems with it. Some of the padding inside is falling out and I have to glue it back...AGAIN. And as I said before there are only 4 screws holding the cage on two on top and two on bottom and the top two have broken and are not in anymore so basically when one of the bottom ones goes thats all she wrote.....its a shame to i had the mask professionally painted in Montreal, I wish i could trust Itech again

Yeah the ITECH I am using thats one of the problems with it. Some of the padding inside is falling out and I have to glue it back...AGAIN. And as I said before there are only 4 screws holding the cage on two on top and two on bottom and the top two have broken and are not in anymore so basically when one of the bottom ones goes thats all she wrote.....its a shame to i had the mask professionally painted in Montreal, I wish i could trust Itech again

Instead of dropping all of the cash for a new helmet send your itech back to them to have it reconditioned. What they do is take out all the padding and clean it and then they put all new padding in it. They also put on a new cage and all new hardware. Its actually a good deal. I've never sent one to have it done at Itech, but I have sent mine back to promasque and it was $120 USD.

I think your best bet would be an Eddy GT mask or the Vaughn Mask.  The vaughn mask is very nice.

The Vaughn masks are Eddys. Eddy makes all the Vaughn masks for them. The best Vaughn mask is the Vaughn 7000 in my opinion.

I think so far I am leaning towards the Eddy Custom Kevlar Cateye.  I dont really like the overall shape of Eddy masks, but the next higher up Itech is $699 and I'm not paying that.  The GM1 does look nice to, I'll have to try em all one and see which ones I can live with Eddy TPS or OLIE

The Eddy is heavy, my part time guy got one of those. He likes it but it's much heavier than some of the others on the market.

The Eddy stuff is really really nice! Eddy is a hell of a guy and makes a great product. Another mask I highly recommend is the Protechsports. Michel at Protechsport is making all the new masks for Lefebvre. He's made Theodore, Thibault, Luongo, Lalime, etc. masks. I just got a full Kevlar pro mask from him in the Roy mold for $500. Plus it comes with a full lifetime warranty. If it chips or cracks he'll fix it. If he can't fix it, he'll make you a new one. A hell of a way to go for the price.

Weight all depends on which materials you choose to have it made from. Some are obviously lighter then others, so this is a hard statement to stand behind. Your guy could have chosen the cheaper stuff and thus it's heavier.

I think so far I am leaning towards the Eddy Custom Kevlar Cateye.  I dont really like the overall shape of Eddy masks, but the next higher up Itech is $699 and I'm not paying that.  The GM1 does look nice to, I'll have to try em all one and see which ones I can live with Eddy TPS or OLIE

ff

To be honest I wasn't overly pleased with Eddy from a dealer standpoint when decided to open an account and order in some samples last year. We called and they said they weren't interested in doing a small order and our guy then purchased his from Peranis for less than the dealer cost we were quoted on a current model.

As for the model he chose, it was the top end helmet Eddy offered. Unless of course he was shipped something other than what he ordered.

I suggest the Reidic. I used an Olie 2000 and disliked it so I bought a Reidic from Peranis and it rocks. Playing College and haven't taken any that sidelined me.

To be honest I wasn't overly pleased with Eddy from a dealer standpoint when decided to open an account and order in some samples last year. We called and they said they weren't interested in doing a small order and our guy then purchased his from Peranis for less than the dealer cost we were quoted on a current model.

As for the model he chose, it was the top end helmet Eddy offered. Unless of course he was shipped something other than what he ordered.

Well I'm not sure what the details were for when you attempted to open up an account with them, but I know Eddy and how good his product is. The weight issue doesn't seem right to me though as I've had every model of his in my hands at one point or another... even ones that aren't even in production nor ever will be. None were ever "too heavy" compared to industry standards.

yeah eddys a great guy, his masks are nice from the standpoint of all of his parts are universal so an eddy cat eye thats on a custom kevlar will fit on an eddy gt ultimate, also eddy is really down to earth i find. weve been dealing with eddy for years and his masks by far outsells other masks weve carried and we find his customer support to be good probably because his wife works out next door to us and he comes in or she does for there kids skates to be sharpened