Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wickedwrister

I played in the NHL

I know a lot of adult league guys get pick up games going at the RBC Center. I havne't been down here long and have been invited to two so far. Too bad i was workin' both nights... <_<

I can't imagine how much fun that must have been, thanks for posting the pics. The only thing remotely close to that I have done is take the full tour of the Air Canada Centre, got to see some of the same things you saw but the dressing room itself was off limits and there was no hockey at the time so instead of ice we saw the partial set of a Van Halen concert.

I can't imagine how much fun that must have been, thanks for posting the pics. The only thing remotely close to that I have done is take the full tour of the Air Canada Centre, got to see some of the same things you saw but the dressing room itself was off limits and there was no hockey at the time so instead of ice we saw the partial set of a Van Halen concert.

mmm van halen ,did you watch the van halen show?

I'm not a Detroit fan but I would of loved to have done that.

(Thats sweet that you got to know Datsyuk, I'm jealous)

now about that cup of his...? ;)

I'm not a Detroit fan but I would of loved to have done that.

(Thats sweet that you got to know Datsyuk, I'm jealous)

now about that cup of his...? ;)

He must really be attached to that thing, because it certainly does not look to comfy. Hey, I guess if Shanny can hold onto his shoulder pads.............

In looking at the pic of Wicked in Yzerman's stall, I noticed that the paint jobs on all the Stealths aren't the same. If you look at the one all the way on the right, the black paint stops at the "E", but as you look left at the remaining sticks, some of the black paint stops much further down torwards the "T" is some cases. Bad Easton quality assurance?

Also, why are the nameplates on the ST's blacked out? They are Yzerman's sticks cuz he has "19" maked on his pink tapejobs. Perhaps he's trying out a new pattern?

hey, you did not take any sticks did you? If you did then I would want to buy one.

No way. But... I did have a freind of mine do this during the pre-lockout limbo and they did offer any stick they wanted off the rack for around $30.

In looking at the pic of Wicked in Yzerman's stall, I noticed that the paint jobs on all the Stealths aren't the same. If you look at the one all the way on the right, the black paint stops at the "E", but as you look left at the remaining sticks, some of the black paint stops much further down torwards the "T" is some cases. Bad Easton quality assurance?

Also, why are the nameplates on the ST's blacked out? They are Yzerman's sticks cuz he has "19" maked on his pink tapejobs. Perhaps he's trying out a new pattern?

interesting

nice find man

interesting

nice find man

The STs are actually Mark Mowers' with the name plate blacked out. A few of the guys tried his pattern out including Chelios. It's in the ballpark of a Modo retail.

So there ya go. The ever popular YP is being replaced in the Detroit locker room by the increasingly popular MP...Mowers Pattern :lol:

In the same pic, all the Stealths except the one that Stevie has taped up, have UPC labels on the top. Almost like they've been "purchased". Also, they are all uncut.

I'm surprised, I guess I thought all the Pros' sticks came exactly how they like them, precut and all. I'm guessing it leaves room in case players want to tinker.

In the same pic, all the Stealths except the one that Stevie has taped up, have UPC labels on the top. Almost like they've been "purchased". Also, they are all uncut.

I'm surprised, I guess I thought all the Pros' sticks came exactly how they like them, precut and all. I'm guessing it leaves room in case players want to tinker.

Yeh. If you look in the "stick anyone" picture, you will see that the #19 bin is empty. I guess he wanted them all next to his stall. I know (at least I heard) that Yzerman is pretty pickey about the legnth of his stick. I guess I change from time to time myself. I am using the longest sticks I have ever used right now.

The stick room has over $100,000 in inventory at wholesale in OPS only. At roughly 24 sticks in a spot x 24 spots = 1056 OPS x $.........=!!!!!!!!!!!!$$.

That's awesome, I went skating at the ACC today, but it wasn't nearly as cool. My friend and I snuck underneath, but couldn't find the Leaf's room. My plan was to find the stick room and jet outta there. Colaiacovo and Steen were on with the group before us, but we got screwed and nobody came out :(

That is one heck of a Christmas pressie, you must've been a real good boy this year!!!!

Looks awesome!

Now I know what I want next year..

How much did this cost ?

Total for the team was $1800 ($200 per man). Like I said, it's a 6 hour day that includes:

Private viewing of team practice.

Tour of Joe Louis Arena (RW locker room, RW lounge, Video room, Super Suites, Olympia Club, Alumni Club, ect..)

4 on 4 game (2- 1/2 hr halves)

Meal w/ snacks and beverages (Canadien Ginger Ales too :) )

Full photo shoot during the game by the Wings photographer.

Autographs and pictures with everyone.

It's a chunk of change, but well worth it.

$200 is chump change! Sign me up! I really think thats a deal for what you get for each guy. I'm not even a Wings fan but I would easily pay $200 for that experience to skate at the Joe. I wish other NHL teams offered that. What a great thing to offer your fans. The chance to play shinny hockey in an NHL rink + the extras is totally worth $200. My Friday Night Hockey skate with my group costs about $25 for 1.5 hours skate + beer & pretzels in the locker room. The Red Wing experience is a bargain compared to the dump we play in: Sport-a-rama in Monsey, NY. Thanks for sharing the day!

$200 is chump change! Sign me up! I really think thats a deal for what you get for each guy. I'm not even a Wings fan but I would easily pay $200 for that experience to skate at the Joe. I wish other NHL teams offered that. What a great thing to offer your fans. The chance to play shinny hockey in an NHL rink + the extras is totally worth $200. My Friday Night Hockey skate with my group costs about $25 for 1.5 hours skate + beer & pretzels in the locker room. The Red Wing experience is a bargain compared to the dump we play in: Sport-a-rama in Monsey, NY. Thanks for sharing the day!

Haha, I used to play in an adult league there a few years ago. It's not so nice. Dunno if they've fixed it up a bit.

Have you tried Ice House? It's like 5 mins from my house. I've heard mixed reviews. Some like it, some don't.

I have heard about Ice Vault in Wayne. Nothing but good things so far. I'm near Hackensack, so it's at least a 20-25 min ride for me. To me, 5 mins for a decent place (Ice House) is much better than 20-25 for a better place. There's something to be said for a 5 minute commute!

were treated like kings

i would have hoped you were treated like "Wings"

HAHAHA, i crack myself up.

anyways... very cool deal.

im happy to see the Big Red Machine (jr, you'll know what im talkin about)