Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MaverickFBI

Mission He 10000 with New Wheels ?

I'm not making the argument that lighter is better than durability and all that. I was just making the point that eliminating one of their major selling points is a big deal. Marketing in inline is not that huge but there would be some splainin to do.

Who ever said the skates would not be lighter, if we change the wheels? Remember, are main marketing this year is Quatro:

1 Lightest skate ever mad (and it still is with the MB816s)

2 Stronger - 2x the stiffeners

3 Levels of stiffness - DNA

4 Wheels on the floor with Hi-Lo...

All still hold true...End of story...

This year our skates speak for themselves. We didn't need a fancy marketing scheme to sell skates. The product is our best ever...

This year our skates speak for themselves. We didn't need a fancy marketing scheme to sell skates. The product is our best ever...

Indeed they are.

This year our skates speak for themselves.  We didn't need a fancy marketing scheme to sell skates.  The product is our best ever...

Indeed they are.

You have the 7500 yeh? How are yours holding up? , i have them and theyre great, but i changed the wheels because i felt that they had lost alot of grip ( not a problem with rink rat normally).

dont mean to change subjects.. but ive been on d1cs for the past 2 years because i didnt want to buy the he 950s because of the eyelet problem. im glad i waited. I got the 9500's.. i do feel the difference in how much lighter they are compared to the d1cs. Stiffness is so much better.. some1 had complained about the insides of the skates (the material used) i love the new inside.. feels almost like a foam sneaker or something.. very comfortable. today was my first time using them and loved them.. hard to break in but still very comfortable

go buy!

You have the 7500 yeh? How are yours holding up?

You are correct, i have 7500's. They're holding up fine, but they arent the top skate in my rotation. Couple scrapes, burns, etc. but still solid as the were brand new.

The he 10000 maybe good for you guys but here in oz 14 year old inline player two sessions and hyper front wheel split down centre, another peeled away in layers and another just broke out a third of the wheel. now he has had the skates for three weeks and chassis is cracked through left inside rear of left skate. Not very happy with new model skates across mission and ccm ( but thats another story). this kid is only 65kg's. been sent back to distributor but no replacements available. We pay $990 au for these skates are we getting value for money?

The he 10000 maybe good for you guys but here in oz 14 year old inline player two sessions and hyper front wheel split down centre, another peeled away in layers and another just broke out a third of the wheel. now he has had the skates for three weeks and chassis is cracked through left inside rear of left skate. Not very happy with new model skates across mission and ccm ( but thats another story). this kid is only 65kg's. been sent back to distributor but no replacements available. We pay $990 au for these skates are we getting value for money?

That is the first I have heard. Where was he skating? Indoors on sport court? What are the circumstances of the issues? As for the chassis breaking, that would be one of the first Magnessium chassis to break, ever...Something sounds fishy...

If memory serves me correct, NASA employs the use of MG alloy, yes? If spacecraft flying to outer space can depend on it, I wonder how a puck shot by a 15 year old would break it? ;) :huh:

I am not saying it can't break...I am sure it can...It just seems odd that it would break so quickly...I don't know what it is with Australia, but we seem to have the most trouble down there..lol

I had my MG chassis break in late July (Not sure how...I was removing the wheels for a regular cleaning) But I had already used them for 4 months. So I contacted Justin and Mission and they replaced the skates without a problem.

The skater in question is my son who skates about 15 hrs a week 5 of which is inline hockey be it training or games we skate on concrete coated with a blue epoxy roller skating rink paint. Justin, I would be happy to discuss the other issues with the boot but this is not the forum , if you like I could email you direct and explain the down under issues. The skates are currently back with your Oz distributer now. Thanks.

the reason for your wheels splitting and chunking is because of the service your son played on. The hyper zero gravity wheel that comes with the mission 10000 are supposed to be used on a sportcourt/tile surface. If you use them on concrete they will get torn up very quickly. the wheels are to soft for a hard surface like that.

The skater in question is my son who skates about 15 hrs a week 5 of which is inline hockey be it training or games we skate on concrete coated with a blue epoxy roller skating rink paint. Justin, I would be happy to discuss the other issues with the boot but this is not the forum , if you like I could email you direct and explain the down under issues. The skates are currently back with your Oz distributer now. Thanks.

I am already in contact with our distributor. We will get this handled quickly...

Why do you not manufacture your chassis through the aircraft manufacturer like the old pewter chassis?

CCM was using Magnesium chassis back then. Was durability a concern? I remember teammates busting their CCM's.

Why do you not manufacture your chassis through the aircraft manufacturer like the old pewter chassis?

CCM was using Magnesium chassis back then. Was durability a concern? I remember teammates busting their CCM's.

Dave, I hope I do not offend you, but with every single product that is manufactured there is a certain probability of failure or breakdown. It is just the nature of the beast. Plus the difference in the manufacturer (or outsourced manufacturer) of the MG chassis between CCM and Mission can be the difference.

No offense taken. I am familiar with the industry in that sense... to progress means to have imperfections. That's where the companies step in with customer service. I am not that familiar with design or manufacturing in the inline hockey skate market, so that's why I ask that question.

I'm not familiar with who's who at Mission on this board. Are you an employee?

gear needs to have a failure point, sticks, skates, anything you have in life..so in the end sometimes ish happens and it breaks...its designed to do so...(most of the time)...

His title is under his avatar.

Justin will take care of you. Mission has great customer service.

His title is under his avatar.

Justin will take care of you. Mission has great customer service.

Oh, I know Justin. I should have quoted Sassmaster... I meant to ask if he was associated with Mission.

Dave to answer your question NO, Mission doesnt sponsor or employ scrub hockey players like myself.

Actualy the reason I said what I did was that I just finished up a 'Finite Mathematics' course based on business. where we took actualy statistics and probabilities of manufacturing defects of consumer goods (stuff you find in the grocery store) and shopping goods (stuff you find at product spefific stores, such as cell phone retail stores or your local bapple store) . And basically the statement I made before speaks for itself, when manufacturing and distributing any product whether it be Roller Hockey Skates, or toilet paper, there is going to be some probability of defect. And with greater ammounts of produced product means greater ammounts of defective products. I appologize if I wasnt clear, in no way am I affiliated with mission. I own too many pairs of converted Nike ice hockey skates. j/k