Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MaverickFBI

Mission He 10000 with New Wheels ?

Epuck are swapping wheels because the Hyper's are so expensive, so they replace them with mb816's (great wheel btw) and sell the Hyper's seprately...

Nah seriously I have no idea, but mb816's are great and I'm looking forward to trying hyper wheels that cost 20$'s a pop. B)

I would think it's probably just a rumor unless something is seriously wrong with the Hyper wheels.

If they did just start putting MB816's on the high end skates I would be expecting them to lower the price. Part of the sales pitch for those skates is that everything is high end.

Well some of my Hyper Zero G's blewout in about 3-5 uses! And I know my friend has blowen some of his as well! Yeah the hypers are light, they look cool and are exspensive, but I would prefer Rinkrats to be honest!

It may happen...It has nothing to do with the quality of wheels..The Hyper wheels are awesome...hyper is just having a hard time delivering the qty's we need...Nothing is final, but you may see that MB816 on the 10000s.

I wouldn't mind the change; it might put the 10000's into my price range. I'm sure others are in the same boat.

If they dropped $50-$75 I'll be a little unhappy, because I would have rather had the 10000 than the 9500! I couldn't afford to spend $150 more to get the 10000's, but I could have swung $75 for sure. :(

I barely notice the difference between Zero-g's and standard wheels, sure you notice when you pick up the skate and weigh it against another skate, but after skating for half an hour you don't notice! I would much rather a cheaper, more durable wheel aka Rinkrats!

Well, in terms of marketing Mission has promised that their 06 line is lighter than before, with the 10000 being the lightest skate, so a major revision would have to be made to this. Maybe add a prefix to the model or something and make it a new skate?

Maybe its just me but I would prefer a durable, comfy, stiff skate that fits well over the lightest skate ever! I know most of the marketing for skates these days is about weight, but the new mission skates are great skates, stronger, stiffer, more comfy than any other inline skate I have used, who cares if they are alittle bit heavier if they have more durable, grippy wheels!

Maybe its just me but I would prefer a durable, comfy, stiff skate that fits well over the lightest skate ever! I know most of the marketing for skates these days is about weight, but the new mission skates are great skates, stronger, stiffer, more comfy than any other inline skate I have used, who cares if they are alittle bit heavier if they have more durable, grippy wheels!

I have to agree with this statement, and i really wonder how many of you out there actually think you would notice the difference of a few grams on your feet once you started skating. I understand the marketing behind what Mission and Tour and everyone is doing to lighten their skates, but 95% of the people that use this equipment will never notice the difference when they skate. They simply want bragging rights for having hte lightest and newest equipment.

A few grams for a different set of wheels....no one would ever know. And for my money, i'd rather have something that will last. But that's just my $0.02, and nobody elses.

I have to agree with the above two statements as well.

Lightness is something you feel initially, has shock and "ohhh and ahhh" value. But once you get out there, and start skating, I am not convinced the light skates are ohhh so much better.

I have nothing against these light skates, but I don't skate any better or any quicker in my 2 latest pairs of "Light" skates than I did with my noticeably heavier VSI with the Red Star chassis, 608 Swiss bearings, etc.

Gimme a pair of skates that fits well, and I'm happy.

What is the difference in weight between the RR MB816 and the Hyper Zero G? Does anyone know? I use the Rink Rats and I hvae to tell you they are extremely light, and very grippy, so I cant imagine that they would be THAT much of a drop off in weight, and they probably perform as well if not better than the Zero G. Thats just my 2 cents.

Justin you wouldn't happen to know what the Hyper 250 outdoor wheels weigh?

Have some plastic bags laying around and was thinking about turning them into hand weights :rolleyes:

42grams on each skate, OMG! I got to start lifting weights :rolleyes: :P

exactly....That is why if we make this change, it will not be that big of a deal...Both are great wheels, it just comes down to availability.

I weighed the Genesis wheels on a little digital scale, and they were lighter than the MB816. I don't remember the actual numbers. You can't go wrong with RRs though.

Justin, what's the deal with the Zero Gs? I'm guessing there was enough to make your intial retail rollout, but now not enough for further shipments? So we can expect to see some MB816s on future 10000s?