Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dangle16

Worst skates you ever bought?

I didn't expect to see so many mission skates on this topic

Of the kids I play against I'd say 80% are currently in Missions and more than that have tried the skates.

Oh no doubt, same here. i just didn't know there were so many problems!

mission proto v... cant believe the chassis got dented by a inline puck...

Try shelling out 400 for Tour Code1s and having the Cateye chassis dent to all hell, without even how the heck it happened!

To this day, I have no idea how that chassis dented the way it did. If I blocked a shot from Al Macinnis, maybe, but since I don't know anyone in roller hockey that can shoot like that...I'm leaning towards the Cateye just not being strong enough.

Worst skates I ever owned had to be a pair of Bauers. I don't even remember the model, but they kinda looked like the Vapor 10s, but had a red chassis. They had no stiffness, and I skated like crap in them. Used them once, then they got attic duty for the next 5 years until I finally chucked them.

Mission wasn't the only one to cope with the sole separation issue at this time.

FISHBONE : 3 guys in my team ... 3 front sole separations ! And we haaaaaaaaaaave 3 winnnnnnnnnnerrrrrrrrrrrs !!!!

But I really dont understand the post about the Hi-Ho : they are the most comfy skates I ever had. Just the eyelet issue... as always.

Another vote for the D1's, had sole seperation on mine at the heel too, boot folder over real bad in other places. love the fit/performance of missions, but hate the durability.

ill wait a few months and see how the durability on the new ones last, if its no good ill have to think about switching brands i guess. but from what ive heard the new ones seem wicked.

It seems that Mission outsells alot of other companies. On my team, 6 out of the 8 guys wear mission. The general rule is, the more you produce, the more things you'll see wrong. I'm willing to bet the defective rate for Mission is relatively low though. You put out thousands upon thousands of skates, a couple hundred are bound to come back.

unless it was the DNA lacing series, that is. :lol:

Wow I can't believe the D1 heel/outsole problems I'm hearing.

When I called Mission to return mine, the guy kinda gave me a hard time, and wasn't gonna accept them unless they were under 1 year old (which, they were by about 2 weeks!)

But now that I hear this, seems there was a problem with this, and if Mission didn't take my skates back, there would have been some 'splainin' to do!

But, I have to say, the skates were taken back, Mission did right, yet again.

V-Forms... those things were horrible. My first skates and at the time I didn't know any better.

The second worst pair I've owned were some better Tour's with a sensor chassis. So stiff it felt like my feet were encased in cement and I hated how they felt pitched upright. The fit would have been great if they had some, any, flexibility.

Best pairs were Mission Proto VSI's that served me well for at least two years and my current Graf 703's stitched at the top, punched in the ankles, and fitted with a Red-Star alloy. If they just didn't weigh two tons a piece...

my worse skates were my PF8's they were great for a month or so then became soft and really flexy and felt like they had no support but i switched to mission 7500 and couldn't be happier :D

These old white nikes that looked like federovs skates i cant rember the name maybe air accel elites or something like that . Horrible, Horrible skates the worst ive ever worn.

These old white nikes that looked like federovs skates i cant rember the name maybe air accel elites or something like that . Horrible, Horrible skates the worst ive ever worn.

You mean these? These are my custom skates which were from an ice boot, not the roller version. While they aren't the best skates i've worn, they're definitely not the worst. clunky, perhaps...but I can name far worse skates.

422463_40_full.jpg

Nike Ignite 7's! The skates are just poo! The lose there stiffness in about a week
After all there were the lowest end skates in the nike line back in the days.

< Grammer> :P

Worst skates...... CCM Mavericks by far (not counting all those terrible skates I started off playing in).

Although the skates were a good fit the lacing system never allowed a really tight fit. Most of all though, I didn't like em cos I managed to break the frame off by cracking the struts at the back while skating, which is not the safest thing to do.

As we speak the boot is still in perfect nick so it's probably worth getting another frame for it.

422463_40_full.jpg

i got some of these except they were made roller skates, and not custom. they were HEAVY they have to be the worst roller hockey skates i have ever used. The frame was also cheap plastic .But i guess thats what i get for buying them at play it again sports for like 20 dollars ....

422463_40_full.jpg

i got some of these except they were made roller skates, and not custom. they were HEAVY they have to be the worst roller hockey skates i have ever used. The frame was also cheap plastic .But i guess thats what i get for buying them at play it again sports for like 20 dollars ....

lol yea those are the ones i had they were pieces of shit.

edit- not the ones in the pic the ones described lol

i also at one point had the roller versions with that strange aluminum chassis and green wheels that sucked. Those sucked. mine are helium compared to those bricks.

I would have to say that the worst skates I have ever owned for hockey were the Buaer NHL Breakout inlines. Terrible, Terrible skates. Absolutely painful to wear.

Worst skates...... CCM Mavericks by far (not counting all those terrible skates I started off playing in).

Although the skates were a good fit the lacing system never allowed a really tight fit. Most of all though, I didn't like em cos I managed to break the frame off by cracking the struts at the back while skating, which is not the safest thing to do.

As we speak the boot is still in perfect nick so it's probably worth getting another frame for it.

For all those that dont know Dave hes's a big gut. Maybe 240Ibs. Nah just kidding. I sa the way the chassis cracked and thats just poor workmanship. Its unfortunate when a chassis is dented. When its cracked its crazy!!!!!!!

i hate my mission d2c's. they're heavy and they are so flimsy. i don't have any defects with them other than the rivets coming out of the back of one skate. but my local shop fixed that for me. but what really makes me mad is that they killed my feet for the first 2 weeks and after they were broken in, the boot was not stiff anymore. i had some custom skates before and tried the missions because they were pretty cheap. but now i know, you get what you pay for.

i hate my mission d2c's. they're heavy and they are so flimsy. i don't have any defects with them other than the rivets coming out of the back of one skate. but my local shop fixed that for me. but what really makes me mad is that they killed my feet for the first 2 weeks and after they were broken in, the boot was not stiff anymore. i had some custom skates before and tried the missions because they were pretty cheap. but now i know, you get what you pay for.

Actually, I remember my girlfriend paying a good bit for my D2c's at the time. It's just that during that time period, mission quality sucked the big one.