Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Whip

Blade pattern affect accuracy?

I just had a game this Tues and every shot I took went over the net or went wide by a mile. I use a huge heel curve right now and if iam not wrong heel curves raise the puck alot more then any other curve so if i was to switch to mid curves would it help me keep it down or is it just my shot meachanics ?

Size of the curve or a very open face will do that, not the type of curve as much. Maybe try using a smaller curve with a more closed face, such as Modano. Whatis the name of the curve you are using now?

After a while you should be able to get used to what ever curve it is and be accurate with it. But I believe with some curves you might be a little more accurate. I used to use the sakic but switched to the iginla and I find that my shots are a little bit more accurate now.

I find i can control the height of my shots better if i use more of a snapping motion on quick shots instead of normal wristers. That being said, its more about being used the type of curve than anything else.

Guest phillyfan

Heel curves won't raise a shot higher for everyone. Personally, I tend to use Mid-Curves to roof pucks with ease. But in your case, you prefer a heel curve. Try keeping more of a closed face when shooting too to try to keep the shots lower, or go for a curve with less loft.

I think that if it's your 1st time using a different pattern then maybe it will throw off your shot a little bit but it all comes down to just having a good shot. If you have proper form and technique then you'll be able to shoot good with anything.

I find that I tend to pull my shots with larger curves but I can usually adapt within a couple of games if I have to. I usually prefer pure-heel curves and I have been using my Hespeler with a heel/toe curve for more than a month and I've adapted fairly well.

The only thing that might really throw you off is if you go from having no loft to alot (ie, a Modano to a Lidstrom). You will have to adjust your follow through and stuff. Thats all I can really think of though, I just try and stick with 1/2 curves that aren't totally closed. Try and find something that works and stick with it.